The Exploited

UK 1981, Punk was dead, despite The Exploited suggesting otherwise, but there was something so charging about what they did then. With a backdrop of Iron Maiden pushing Heavy Metal forwards, The Exploited paved the way, unwittingly I think. for the grindcore, UK Hardcore (Britcore) acts that would follow mid 80’s, Napalm Death, etc. They never score any intellectual points sure, but damn they did something exciting that still sounds good to me today.

2 Likes

Don’t mess with the barmy army

Find them quite embarrassing really

In March 2020, Buchan responded to the coronavirus pandemic that was forcing bands to cancel or postpone tours. He commented by taking a shot at Green Day saying “Fuck coronavirus! I have had 5 heart attacks a quad heart bypass and a heart pacemaker fitted. Cancel gigs for a virus? We ain’t fucking Green Day piss - We are the real deal. No danger will we be cancelling our upcoming gigs. Punks Not Dead!”[18] The tour was then cancelled four days later.[19]

1 Like

Never clicked for me.

Discharge on the other hand…

3 Likes

Yeah for sure. Don’t mind GBH and the exploited and that lot, but I reckon Discharge are the main UK82 band, and in a different league to pretty much any other band around this time. Waaaay more influential too