the far side returns???

i really hope he hasn’t gone all “lol snowflakes and safe spaces” like every other older comedy person.

share your favourite far side cartoons in here!

2 Likes

I always liked this one because it’s just the right amount of silly:

10 Likes

4 Likes

The one Geoff’s posted above is great, but generally I just don’t ‘get’ far side stuff.

Much, much prefer the Perry Bible Fellowship.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Used to be well into the far side, had all the book collections, haven’t thought about it in years

1 Like

I love the Far Side.(slight edit for a less badly pixelated version)

11 Likes

13 Likes

I liked it as a kid (my Mum had a Far Side calendar when we were growing up - a new cartoon every day) but I don’t find many of them that funny now. They’re pleasant though which is fine by me.

1 Like

Is this one the answer to a @saps riddle?

4 Likes

i think getting into the simpsons and finding my dad’s far side books as a kid basically shaped my whole comedy outlook tbh, but like @ttf says i hadn’t thought of the strip in ages until i read that article.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I remember the later collections being very weak, like I didn’t even get the jokes

1 Like

10 Likes

11 Likes

Used to love the Far Side.

6 Likes

This is basically the new Joker film in a single image

5 Likes

Man I love the Far Side so much. There’s got to be about a dozen of the books at my mums house from over the years. I reckon I’ve done myself no favours the length of time I’ve spent sitting on the loo reading them.

I’d like to echo your hope that he’s not gone full dilbert guy.

I like this one a lot

7 Likes

I found reading the controversies section in the prehistory of the far side amazing, he got a lot of confused letters about this one:

2 Likes

I must have about 5 Far Side books up in the loft. This thread has prompted me to make sure I get them down out of the loft.

4 Likes