The Final Saturday Thread of 2022/ NYE Daytime

Your cat is adorable!

1 Like

Morning! Very broken night’s sleep but feeling alright.

Going for a morning run in cold Croydon, then going to play some Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii (picked it up for £8 from CEX, result). Popping out for a NYE gig with some Brighton mates later.

2 Likes

Hey up and good morning

Meeting friend in the woods for a dog run. Can only imagine the muddy dog situation.

Then it’s football, party tea, glass onion maybe, probably not stay up until midnight.

Yeah, she’s pretty good :blush:

We came to an arrangement that works for both of us

8 Likes

Morning all

Gf’s mates turning up at 6ish this evening. Already cooked and shopped for this so it is reasonably low pressure

Started my job application yesterday by discovering the system has most of my details saved in it from last time. So I only really have to think about the knowledge and experience section. Might try to do a draft of that today.

GF is still asleep so might try to sneak in a bit of Civ VI before she wakes up / I have to walk the dog alone.

Just received my first happy new year ‘before the networks are jammed’

11 Likes

Awww :blush:

Also, my mum has the exact same spotty mug. :grinning:

1 Like

Diddii-anna-nah doo dooo do doo doo do doodoo :musical_note:

Listening to the recent Carly album, kiddo is watching Waffle on low volume and climbing on me. Need to get out of the house today, weather is terrible still, but gonna drag kiddo into town later to look around the shops, need to get a 2023 calendar as we failed to get one for Christmas.

Having steak n chips for dinner, got some nice cheesecake puddings in as well. Then gonna try and get E to bed so we can watch a film and suffer through Jools.

2 Likes

Just found out an old best friend is in town, think I’m changing my NYE plans to hang with him then also go get drinks and see a film on Monday. Result!

Otherwise verrrry sleepy; just keep reading new book with records and then FIRST EVER FLAT VIEWING at lunchtime. No chance we’ll get this one as not financially ready, but good to mentally start the process …

6 Likes

finally home after all the Xmas relative visiting. there’s a lovely big stain on one of the ceilings. er, new year new roof :nail_care:

6 Likes

It’s actually as good as everyone says, weirdly

3 Likes

I know it’s a cliché but I couldn’t tell you what day it is or what day I go back to work without thinking relatively hard.

2 Likes

I’m sure it always pisses down with rain on NYE. And the buses finish early, so I’m looking forward to making the effort to look nice to go out later, only to look like I’ve swum through the Taff by the time I get to the pub.

They’re a couple of showings at my hometown cinema next week so think I’ll see it

1 Like

Hi - was feeling a bit hard done by on my 4 pint hangover. But I just remembered I had 2 bottles of larger before I went out

Kind of glued to the sofa cos it’s so grim outside neeeed to go to sainos today as the cupboards are a bit bare.
Hope it’s a bit less grim tonight - I’m going dancing and I want comfortable fag breaks

Yeah I like this time of year when cinemas put on some of the best of the year stuff that you might have missed earlier. Hopefully also seeing Triangle of Sadness with that friend before he heads off

Just had my first one courtesy of, err, Liquor + Loaded, King’s Lynn

4 Likes

Had marmite toast with coffee 1

Going to put a frozen pecan danish in the air fryer (did I mention I have an air fryer now?) to go with coffee 2

2 Likes

They’re playing Blue by Eiffel 65 in the charity shop :raised_hands:

3 Likes