The first Friday of the year: daily thread

Sat in a Morrisons cafe reviewing reams of SQL while I wait for the garage to make the passenger door close properly on our car. Living the dream.

1 Like

It’s obviously excusable if the aisle sitter is a bit unsteady on their feet or whatever. But usually it’s just some bloke who’s too absorbed in his book / tablet / phone to give a shit about other people.

It’s the busiest time of year for us (motor tax renewal) so i can barely post on DiS at the moment! (Except this morning, which is quiet for some odd reason.)

Morning!
So glad its the weekend.
I have a new top on which is a knitted zip up polo shirt. HOWEVER it’s making me feel very self conscious as it makes my jugs look quite enormous. I can’t tell if people are looking at them.
This top is now a weekend top.

Tonight - nothing.
Tomorrow - gym, followed by a little get together for my bfs friends birthday
Sunday - spending some QT with the bf before I go away next week. I hope he takes me out.

2 Likes

This the new job man? Trust it’s going well? Don’t leave us :disappointed_relieved:

Spending the day adding one new page each to about 100 books while listening to the entire discography of Can one at a time. No plans for the evening. No plans for the weekend.

1 Like

You’re a big guy, just push them out of the way.

:smiley:

meow help, i’m looking at the adidas sale. i really do not need any more trainers but there’s an extra 20% off.

I’ll crowdsurf

Plan:

Clean up the cat poo all over my neighbours flat before she gets back from holiday. Little shit does it every time I feed it.

Then drop Jnr off with another neighbour so I can vacuum the flat without her having a nervous breakdown.

Uni work.

got away with it at the dentist :smiley: thank you for all your good vibes!

Also looking handsome today, what a day to be alive!

11 Likes

Ahhh that’s so annoying! Is this with you saying “excuse me please” too? Stand up and Loom over them until it’s uncomfortable.

Yep, been here since the 11th of December! It’s going very well, enjoying it to be honest. I’ll still be here, just won’t be as prolific as before!

1 Like

That’s a good day right there.

I feel a bit awkward saying excuse me until the train has come to a halt… what if they’re also getting off the train? People are weird and react weirdly! I should definitely loom over them. I’m a good height for looming.

1 Like

Haha exactly. Looooom.

NMD R1s!!!

Also I’ve got these on today which are classics

2 Likes

MORNING

Had a pret veggie brioche for breakfast as I’m trying to avoid saturated animal fat at the moment, since it’s all I lived off in 2017. I can’t lie it’s not a patch on a roll & sausage & scone, HOWEVER, when I went into Pret they had Better the Devil You Know blasting out of the speakers, and all the baristas were all doing a wee dance, and then the customers all had a wee boogie and I went to high five someone but caught a hold of myself in time and remembered it’s Glasgow. I’LL TAKE YOU BACK AGAIIIIN.

My wee boy is going through a clingy phase (back molars are erupting) and I had to get dressed today while he was hanging from me with his arms around my neck like a baby monkey. :hear_no_evil: He nearly ended up coming to work with me inside my dress

Oh gosh, I think I’m going to have to GO POTTY, again (had Ceylonese curry for dinner last night). :flushed:

G’Morning!

So glad it’s Friday. Got a nice manageable amount of work to clear today, including typing up a list of demands, so that’s good. Then it’s climbing, followed by :beer: and :pizza:.

The TVGF just sent me this photo of the bloody great cat cuddles I had last night. :heart_eyes:

(sorry for sharing hairy-scabby arms at this time of the morning)

16 Likes

The scene from Pret sounds amazing!

2 Likes