The first Sunday of December thread

Was that Big Feed?

5 dollars? Get outta here

1 Like

Listening to Lambchops ‘Mr. M’ written for Vic Chestnut. :pensive:

Such a good record.

1 Like

No, Three Sisters Bake on GWR. The earlier photo was Platform.

1 Like

Anyone want to hear Vs favourite new joke??

1 Like

Yes please

Went to watch the Irishman at the cinema but it was sold out so I’ll watch it at home instead which won’t be as good

What did the little lightbulb say to the big lightbulb?

I wuv you Watts and watts

15 Likes

I’ve only had Three Sisters at Platform but they were good.

Keep meaning to stop in at that one on Woodlands Rd - Broken Clock Cafe or something. I follow them on Facebook and the photos always look top quality.

After @anon45164313’s stone chat earlier, I vaguely remembered some kind of story behind the “Gold Stone” - a massive rock that’s in Hove, which in turn gave its name to the old Brighton & Hove Albion ground.

The story isn’t quite the sort of thing I remembered, I thought it was something factual, or geological. Turns out that the story is bonkers Sussex mythology:

https://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/places/placepark/hove-park/hove-park-4

when the Devil was digging a trench which would allow the sea to flood the many local churches, he stubbed his toe on the rock and in anger kicked it over the hills

1 Like

Popped into there when they first opened and the cake selection looked disappointingly generic but checking out their instagram now they look great so I’ll pop in again.

1 Like

15 Likes

3 Likes

We have one like that in Manchester too. Great Stone. Apparently a plague stone filled with vinegar to wash coins in but I also read that the dent im it was from a giant throwing it at King Arthur and it landed here.

1 Like

Got something like that in Tipperary too.

1 Like

See also

2 Likes

Yeah, the far more famous Devil’s Dyke is at the centre of all this devil based mythology

2 Likes

i think normally you’d be right but because irish man is about ten hours long it’s probably better watching it at home

3 Likes

And this one

All these stories are copies of each other. This is from the Devils Dyke Wikipedia page that I linked to:

The last shovel of earth he threw over his shoulder fell into the sea, forming the Isle of Wight.

1 Like