The Five Languages of Love ❤

Do you agree with this? Which ones do you use?

Words of affirmation :speaking_head:

Acts of service :guardswoman:

Receiving gifts :gift:

Quality time :football:

Physical touch :couplekiss_woman_woman:

I like them all and it depends on the person duh

http://www.5lovelanguages.com

French

I am best at words of affirmation and acts of service.

I am a very reliable but hugely unexciting partner.

Please give serious answers. I made this thread as an act of love :frowning:

My language of love is tiresome flippant responses

I’m quite touchy feely

I would like to be a more touchy-feely and spontaneous/exciting partner but it’s not behaviour that comes naturally to me unfortunately.

10 Words of Affirmation
6 Quality Time
6 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

weird cos I am really touchy-feely

guess i’m even more needy for compliments

n/a

was going to take the test to find out but I can’t be bothered to put information into the boxes

I got:

9 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch
6 Words of Affirmation
5 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts

which is weird cause I love presents!!!

basically the dream is being massaged all over with a fancy massage bar you got as a present while watching tv and being told how amazing you are and that you dont need to do any housework

did this ages ago and iirc I care very much about words of affirmation, a lot about physical touch, barely about receiving gifts

mine isn’t on there it would be ‘staying well away through fear of contaminating other peoples lives with my misery’

yeah that sounds tolerable

Thank you for your acts of service

I’m quite awkward, so it ultimately ends up being none of them pretty much.

Semaphore looks a proper laugh though; I’d probably be more comfortable confessing my feelings to those I care about / crush on if I could do so through the medium of two massive flags while standing up on a big hill

My ex and I tried using and talking through a book about this to save our relationship

It didn’t work. I said I liked to receive love through acts of physical affection and she told me she didn’t think I did :disappointed_relieved:

aww :frowning:

I think the book is complete bullhsit btw

it’s true that there are different ways of expressing and receiving love but I’m not sure individual people are wired to have innate preferences for one or the other

Yes I agree. There is some truth to it, but like all these “systems” in self help books, the real answer is " it’s not as simple as that"

^This

And tbqh, it helps if you just want to take him/her to bed most of the time