The Flaming Lips Thread (Rolling)

Was also at the Astoria Yoshimi show.

Pretty sure I saw them at the RFH too, but I have no recollection of Built To Spill supporting but do remember Wheat. I wouldn’t have known BTS at the time, so it’s not really surprising that I don’t recall it, but also surprising that they didn’t make an impression considering how much I like them now

I wasn’t familiar with BtS at all but remember them being great.

My memory of that night is marred by seeing someone jump in front of a tube on the way to the gig that my memory of it is blurry at best.

1 Like

Someone is uploading fucking shitloads of Lips live shows to YouTube and including download links to each one! I used to have all of these shows as .mp3s so this is incredible news.

This is maybe the best show I’ve ever heard from them. I know there was a DiSer looking for the files off me on the old board but my iPod died. Can’t believe they’re back online.

This post paid for by PROF$.

5 Likes

Oooooh, might have to have a dig through these! Thanks for sharing.

Anything from 1994 to 1996 is usually gold, with varying sound quality. Can’t wait to see what else is there.

1 Like

This channel has seventy-two (!!!) live recordings from the Ronald Jones era. Utterly incredible.

Amazing to get a really good quality version of this cover too.

4 Likes

Listened to eight of these now, going to have them all listened to by Christmas.

1 Like

posting Rare Ronalds! V nice.

1 Like

Listened to some incredible shows so far and by late 1993/early 1994 they’re really hitting their stride. There’s a few I could recommend but if anyone likes that era of the Flaming Lips this is essential.

Straight off the soundboard so it’s in really good quality and the band are firing on all cylinders in the middle of that Lollapalooza tour.

2 Likes

Troxy is a decent venue right?