The Flaming Lips Thread (Rolling)

That was me, praising It Overtakes Me.

And I’m here to tell YOU, that it’s YOU that’s plain wrong.

Yeah!

1 Like

A lot of hate for their stuff between albums which I can mostly agree with, but has anyone gave 7 Skies H3 a go? Think it was ‘highlights’ of the 24 hour song. Some cracking stuff on there

Very true!

I also like a lot of the songs from the Gummy Skull EP.

Listen to this a few times and still can’t make my mind up it it’s a masterpiece or shit.

1 Like

bits of both

Edinburgh, Manchester and London in September :eyes:

What a bizarre coincidence - right now I’m listening “Hit To Death In The Future Head” (and the Lips in general) for the first time in years. Amusing timing for an odd notion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Priest Driven Ambulance - Hit To Death - Transmissions - Clouds Taste Metallic

Gotta admit, that’s a pretty damned astonishing run of albums.

2 Likes

You could add in Zaireeka, The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi… to that run as well!

The initial four you’ve listed are some of my favourite albums ever though. Have bought In A Priest… multiple times on multiple formats now. Love it so much.

Fingers crossed for an Irish date. My Flaming Lips loving friend has work all around those dates so we can’t fly over.

1 Like

Mon over to Edinburgh with me

1 Like

Very excited in theory but … can Wayne still sing at all?

Stopped listening after Clouds Taste Metallic. Can’t deal with the full on whimsy, and that goes for Mercury Rev after Deserter’s Songs too.

2 Likes

Check out Embryonic and The Terror. Almost no whimsy whatsoever. Would rate them as among their best albums.

Agreed on Mercury Rev though, fuck that noise!

3 Likes

Saw them last year. The answer is: Barely.

TWENTY years. Christ, I saw them the week it came out :frowning:

3 Likes

Will do!

I second this . The Terror is great and the live show for that album was awesome.

I really think your missing out. Soft Bulletin is a masterpiece. I think it starts getting patchier after this.

1 Like

Has anyone been put off by Wayne Coyne being an absolute bellend over the years ? I was never a massive fan but his treatment of Kliph seemed a bit off so that was it for me. Haven’t listened to them in years.