The football thread: The season is closed. Count how many times you hear that said.

Got the same face as the prick they have at the snooker

And they both look like oakie doke

1 Like

christian youth camp supervisor.

1 Like

You know what’s really drip? celibacy until marriage, no cap.

11 Likes

Definitely wears y-fronts.

11.9.2010. 3-1 down with 6 minutes to go. It’s been all downhill for the world since.

Sorry, meant to post this in the “giddy” thread but enjoy the double! Iwelumo!

That red card for Billy Jones is still an absolute disgrace.

Absolute vintage Darren Ferguson performance that, followed by Phil Brown and then Graham fucking Westley taking charge. What a proper shit time to be be a PNE fan.

If it’s any consolation it was as good as it got for us under Brian Laws :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

Pretty sad really, hope he’s OK

9 Likes

Jean Michael Seri has signed for…

Hull City.

Will never forget the oh so knowledgeable Barcelona fan accounts on Twitter swearing this guy would be the successor to Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets all in one

2 Likes

Thought this was about Frenkie de Jong.

just read an article on the rules and etc that ETH is introducing and I’m excited now, oh no

although I wonder how well he’ll actually deal with player issues re: him requiring them to come to him with issues

not sure if you can force a change in the vibe at the club like he’s trying to do, but I’m kind of glad for it

mostly excited that we have somebody who knows how to integrate youth and is very willing to do that even at the expense of the places of bigger names

I thought it was about Wilshere

1 Like

Reckon we’re gonna be a bit shite (again) this season tbh. Going to take time to find out the players that can and can’t play his style, and then replace all those who can’t (presumably… most of them) with new signings and academy products. Hopefully, if Rangnick’s dressing down of the players and the club achieved anything, it’ll be to buy Ten Hag a bit of time when we look crap. At the very least, I don’t think anyone should be expecting us to finish in the top 5 this season.

1 Like

oh god, I wouldn’t expect that. all I’m hoping for is less depressing football, a huge drop in toxic stuff and some of the kids making the next step.

1 Like

Always think this kind of thing is nice in theory but easier said than done when the reality hits in terms of what the results mean to be 6th/7th again.

Might be wrong but I can’t think of m/any examples of big six clubs being well off the pace but their fans being happy. E.g. when Arsenal finished 8th but brought through Saka & ESR.