🏏 The glorious New test dawn cricket thread 🏏🙄

Cricket is a game of fine margins :smiley:

God, their last 4 average less than 20 put together. That’s absurd… is Embuldenya injured? They must have someone who can bowl and hold a bat, too…

maybe, think jayasuria is ahead of him in the pecking order and theyre picking quicks in the other spots for the conditions

they all made their highest score in the last test too, before that the combined average was 16.

entire lower order averaging less then mark wood. very cool

1 Like

Virat Kohli recently scored his 28th test century. In the gap between his 27th and 28th tons, Joe Root scored 13 centuries.

(Root still only has one more than him, which shows the rate Kohli had been going at previously)

This went about as well as you’d expect, given they are somehow trying to nostalgia-mine a competition less than two years old.

1 Like

Can’t remember any specific matches but it was through watching the hundred that I realised what a good play of spin Ben Duckett is so was pleased when he was picked for the Pakistan tour. That’s something I suppose

Kyle Meyers just hit a six measured at 114 metres, clean out of the stadium. Ian Bishop on comms said he hit it so hard there should be legal implications for him, lovely stuff.

The West Indies are absolutely battering the SA bowlers here. 137-1 after 10, going to miles past 200.

What a silly game

It’s the roadiest road that anyone ever drove on, but the batting has been incredible.

If South Africa win, it’ll be the highest ever t20 aggregate score. Not t20 international, all t20s. Ridiculous

Yeah I’ve only glanced at it every couple of mins, but every time I do, they seem to be showing yet another slow motion of a boundary.

Imagine hitting 118 from 46 in a t20 and losing comfortably

Always enjoy this sort of thing

1 Like

:smiley: Rabada the only bowler out of 13 to go at under 10s

Up there with the best in the genre

2 Likes

Winning that with a single is frankly pathetic.

Thought the axis was still part of the line and the windies had pulled off some miracle win there :grinning::grinning:

“there’s too many of you lot, we need to have a word about that”

• Racist
  • Weeeeell, on the balance of probabilities…

0 voters

What’s the context for this?