🐝 🧵 The Great British Sewing Bee 🧵 🐝

I’m a few mins behind but I look forward to this comment :joy:

1 Like

We watched the first episode just to see how the local competitor who lives the next street over did.

(their final piece was judged to be the best)

It delivered

1 Like

Nice bunch of sewers again. That reads like sewers. Damnit.

Hilarious “what are you all DOING?” crease up there. Joe Lycett is the boss. Patrick has had a lockdown haircut.

Oh, I forgot to mention, he has a great cat as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGSbCvsw9A/

as previously spotted by @Bamnan

2 Likes

I hadn’t finished when I saw your comment, so spent the episode wondering who would live near Marckee… obviously it was the hipstery guy. :smiley:

wow you have a great memory!

Really enjoyed this, particularly in the new location where I can enjoy them trying to avoid getting my office in shot for the over the river shots.

Proper drama with yer man who was utterly shit and then pulled something out the bag to stay in one more week.

The judges on the Katherine Ryan vehicle All That Glitters need to watch and take note. It’s not enough to just be knowledgeable. That’s boring. You need to bring something else to the party like those two.

1 Like

Possibly the worst round I’ve ever seen :joy:

And now I want all of these dresses :sob:

1 Like

Was just thinking would love someone to make me a summer dress. Nice, lightweight, non-static fabric, correct length, sleeves right length, waist slightly fitted but not too much in the right place for me and slightly flared at bottom to disguise my stomach.

1 Like

I don’t understand why some of them make it difficult for themselves. Like why choose a fabric that you have to pattern match (or choose to pattern match even after being advised not to)? Why give your dress pockets or a hugely long hem when you don’t have to? I think I’d be picking the most basic thing that met the brief and trying to execute it well instead of adding features it doesn’t need*

*obviously pockets are absolutely necessary for anything you’re going to wear but not for a competition ffs

Anyone watching tonight? This hat looks really fiddly

Enjoyed that, though sad to see this week’s disqualification, there’s at least one obvious candidate who looks like they’re really winging it. Frontrunners look clear though.

Our guy Raph knocking it out of the park again.

1 Like

Nailed on winner, surely? Only Serena and Farie are anywhere approaching his level

I think that technically they are better than him (which makes sense, given that he only started sewing in lockdown), but his creativity marks him out as the greater talent. I think he could have a really bad week if it doesn’t come off, but he’s banked so many good rounds that he can afford to do so and remain in the competition.

Good telly this eh?

3 Likes

I missed a few episodes in the middle, so was a bit surprised to see that Serena had never won best garment before last night, and Farie had won it three times.

Every time I’ve caught it, Farie seems to have run out of time and is in tears, whereas Serena has planned everything to perfection.

Who do you want to win?

• Raph
  • Serena
  • Rebecca

0 voters

Who do you think will win?

• Raph
  • Serena
  • Rebecca

0 voters