The great DiS films of 2020 poll - RESULTS (post 80 onwards)

Wonderful. Have a fair few to catchup with, but can’t see it not making in.

Can confirm there are already TWENTY SEVEN different films nominated :cinema: :film_strip:

Am I going to have to watch Tenet now in order to be informed enough to vote in this thread?

Nah

1 Like

Tenet wouldn’t make my top 100

1 Like

make sure you catch up on Scoob! and Dolittle first

3 Likes

Aww man closes on the 20th?
Ill not even be able to legally watch Wonder Woman 84 or Soul until the 25th at least

If anyone’s having difficulty working out what came out this year, the Kermode and Mayo episode descriptions let you know what was reviewed that week

I’m voting for Little Women and I won’t be stopped

Came out on Boxing Day last year, after all the films of the year polls have been done. It’s a 2020 film as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

I’ve seen both of these. Doolittle is my most recent film seen in a cinema no less…

1 Like

How highly do they rank in your current list?

Looks like you will be stopped

1&2 obviously. Not going to ruin the surprise by revealing in which order :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mangrove is a film, which premiered at the BFI festival, and Lovers Rock, Alex Wheatle, Red, White and Blue, and Education are TV dramas. They are all superb. Steve McQueen is a genius.

His House and The Fourty-Year-Old Version watched tonight and not bothering my Top 10. Lots to admire about both, but felt some slight flaws really hurt each. 3.5’s. The Call is next on the agenda.

How are you differentiating between them here?

no worries if you don’t want to answer any of this…

where did you see small axe education?

why is lovers rock not a film? that was at bfi fest also and r, w, b at new york and rome. would side with @roastthemonaspit they’re 5 separate films

Only saw 11 films from 2020, and one was Tenet, so making a list was easy.

Votes have been submitted.

2 Likes

seen about 30 from this year so far - top 3 is pretty nailed on and then need to think a bit about the last few

might see if i can sneak in one or two acclaimed ones I haven’t seen before the deadline but also maybe cba

Got two Dutch films on my longlist which are 2019 releases in ‘The Holland’ but make it into 2020 releases for ‘The UK’.

Both have much better names in Dutch that didn’t get translated into English sadly - De Kuthoer vs The Columnist and Bumperkleef vs Tailgate :-1:

1 Like