The Great Escape 2022

Saw Cold Cave there during the 2010 ( Ii think) GE. Very quaint little bar, sound was shocking mind.

Sound in here is fantastic. Caught the Low Anthem there during 2009, absolutely rammed

Sound at horatios is much better than it used to be

Iā€™ve only ever played it (about 7 times!) however not listed on the poster are Faux Real and Intergalactic Republic of Kongo (IROK). Both are super fun if you fancy a dance and a laugh. Flamingods are also incredible live, their records really donā€™t do them justice

Itā€™s deff happening this year! Dave B is coming too

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there.

Made plans to see a heap of bands then realised I was looking at last yearā€™s lineup. Very sad I wonā€™t be seeing AK/DK :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, they havenā€™t played much round here recently, given that theyā€™re local. They did a tour that missed out Brighton, and their only date in the last six months was at Lewes Psych Fest.

Are we going to have a Great Escape DIS meat then ?

I sent my list to Dave last night, because there were a few bands Iā€™d flagged which I think would be right up his street (female fronted indie, basically). I need to add in Alt Escape stuff, but Iā€™ve invented a ā€œmeetingā€ this morning to go through that

I trust everyone has signed up for the One Inch Badge / RockFeedback Secret gig:

Everyone should go and see Shortparis.

https://greatescapefestival.com/artists/shortparis/

As close to a mix between Einsturzende Neubauten and Jimmy Sommerville as youā€™re gonna get.

Only a few days to go! Anyone got any last minute recommendations/discoveries?

Top of my list are Jockstrap, who were my favourite new band of last year. Iā€™m keen to see Juniore again, but theyā€™re clashing with Jockstrap both times they play. The other band Iā€™m really looking forward to is Le Superhomard, who are my current favourite new band.

Hear the band Fieh (pronounced Fire) on the radio the other day - this is a tuuuuune, deff going to check them out

1 Like

Loving the look of Friday night at Coalition. Wooze, Self Esteem, Tropical Fuck Storm :smiley:

1 Like

Lewsberg into Crack Cloud tomorrow night is gonna be sick. Hereā€™s my current plan, Iā€™ll make a decision on the clashes at the time Clashfinder :: The Great Escape Festival 2019 Clashfinder

1 Like

anyone get that email about the free stuff at The Haunt? Funny the free beers are only from 11:30am-12pm and before any bands even start

Yeah it said free beer from doors opening until first band on the event page.

Its to get people in for the first band probably

Crack Cloud were tipped to me by someone else, so theyā€™ve been added to my list

I just looked up when theyā€™re playing - I already have four other bands in my schedule for 7.15 on Friday :rofl:

My research has been patchy to say the least and there are still loads of clashes of bands I want to see