The gusty Saturday thread

Morning all

No idea why it’s so windy today (fart jokes aside). Looks quite bright nonetheless. How are you all? Much planned for the day?

I’ve not got that much planned. First day of holidays though so that’s something.

3 Likes

:wave: morning

Had a coffee :coffee:
Baking some bread :bread:
Gonna have a tidy round the flat later
:metal:

2 Likes

Good morning @colon_closed_bracket, @Matt_was_taken, good morning DiS. Many happy returns to Joan Collins and George Osborne, happy anniversary to the Finnish Parliament, and salutations to those among us who celebrate World Turtle Day.

7 Likes

And Joan Osborne?

1 Like

Just a slob like one of us :musical_note:

2 Likes

Went to bed at 130
Woken up: at 5 by a bad toothache.
At 6 by the cat climbing up to the top of a cupboard and knocking various things down (and my son shouting at him)
At 7 by my son shouting that he cant find the remote.

Guess the gods want me up.

3 Likes

Standard woken by the baby chatting away to Martin the Drag Lion at 5:45. Key question is whether she goes down easily for a nap and allows me 90 mins of vidya games.

Morning all, trying to avoid yet another pissing migraine - going to let the kid play some noisy guitar on headphones in a mo. The last time she did it it sounded like a melting Sonic Youth b side so I’m hopeful

3 Likes

I would quite like to know more about Martin the Drag Lion :grinning:

11 Likes

Martin the Drag Lion looks fierce gurl

3 Likes

Alright. Much like thewarn, bed at 1.30, woken up at 2.45 by a crying toddler (couldn’t find bunny, that’s because you’re sat on it you spanner). Then awake at 5.50. great. Solo parenting day to give my wife a break today. Listening to Julia Holter because that’s a spring thing to do

1 Like

Here is martin. R loves Martin.

19 Likes

Hiya!

I’m so very glad it’s a bank holiday weekend because work is knackering right now. Currently chugging coffee then will do some exercise once my breakfast has gone down.

Then I’m going to try to spend the day making music, which I’m looking forward to.

Got a small beer wanker delivery coming later too. Yay!

3 Likes

Lovely B made me some gin and tonics last night. I’m now thinking she was liberal with the gin because my head is pounding now. Bad B.

1 Like

Set up a channel with some brutal distortion, delay etc, kid is now singing into it

5 Likes

Morning!! Trying to make the kids go for a bike ride.

Got to get up, make eggs, go to the post office, make rhubarb crumble with no flour…read a book, play some games, maybe a walk.

R got a vr thing for his birthday and just watching him is quite entertaining for large parts of the day.

2 Likes

Morning folks,

Me and Jimbo are off rockpooling this morning (or just dicking around on the beach if the tide times aren’t right). Although at the moment there’s a very big playmobil fire emergency going so who knows when we’ll get to leave.

12 Likes

Got blue tit visitors to the feeder. Kiddo is going mad. It’s well cute

13 Likes

Looks like a GBOL(ion)

3 Likes

Morning all!

I got one of my lie-ins this morning (after doing a 1.00 wake-up) so my breakfast has been relaxed.

No real plans today (surprisingly) but I’ll be making aubergine and chestnut tagine or crispy tofu and noodles or sushi later.