The Hotelier squad assemble

York = BOOM!!

Emperor X are…ok. Jangly politically tinged lo-fi acoustic pop-punk (first half of their new record anyway)

hopefully they’re on after Christian and I can just leave early in that case ha

1 Like

Just got mine from the waiting list too. Fab.

i thought Emperor X were supporting on the Hotelier tour two years ago? they/he were/was great, will probably watch them this time (assuming i’ve got this right)

It was Into It.Over It who headlined the Scala gig (I didn’t stay to watch). Not sure who else played the first time they came over

He supported at the DiS squad show in London.

yeah, that was Emperor X. I can’t say whether or not Sophia will be joining him on vocals this time though!

pretty sure I didn’t see any of their set

did see a good chunk of their set in kingston but i think i got to the borderline when they were halfway through their last song

i wasn’t the last to leave the pub so i’d say it’s fairly likely more a few DiSers didn’t see any of it

was quite good in kingston as far as i remember - good enough that’ll at least check it out this time - but clearly not so good that i wanted to sacrifice any time in the pub the week after haha

Anyone doing the Leicester show? Only one I can do now

Has anyone managed to get tickets to the Leeds gig tomorrow night? I got York tickets a while ago but still can’t find a way to buy tickets for the gig at Santiago

My 13 year old nephew now loves these after I recommended them to him when he was asking about music.

I’m taking him to his first ever gig next week which is Green Day but I’m sure I’ll be taking him to see these at some point.

6 Likes

Christian was really great in Brighton last night although there were only around 15 people there (less for the other performers unfortunately)

Fiver on the door as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Got a couple of tickets for the london gig on thursday if anyone wants them. I can just send them over on dice, right?

Yeah it was so good, I was one of the pricks that didn’t bother with the other acts though

Not sure if you are the lady or the dog in your avatar but I don’t remember seeing either of you :slight_smile:

I was the alpaca?

2 Likes

I’m the dog

This was great. Saw 'em in Leeds, bizarre little venue and chumps creaking the door throughout the acts but other than that - Christian bashed out all the hits. I was sat in front of him and asked him to play Two Deliverances (which he did), so that was ace.

Blurry photo of Two Deliverances

2 Likes