The house that you (mostly) grew up in

Can we see it on Streetview please? You can use the jump back in time feature to show us how it used to look if Streeview goes back in time far enough. Fun fact, this was taken in 2009 when I still lived there and that is my mum’s old Honda Civic on the drive. The bedroom with the blue blinds was the room I shared with my younger brother which was a good location to sneak in and out of the windows at night when we were rebellious teenagers. The tree in the middle of the shot was planted to mark the death of my cat that my older brother accidentally killed when shutting the automatic garage door in our previous house

Please bear in mind that your working class credentials are at risk if you post a house that is too big or fancy but you will still be a loved and valued member of the DiS community regardless.

4 Likes

OMG

empty?

5 Likes

go on then (the one with the chair in front)
Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 10.56.08
parents still live there now and it still looks the same. looks really grey there, weird to look at your house through other people’s eyes. quite a middle class village though

2 Likes

actually the garage door isn’t blue anymore

Are those people you know in your garden?

Oh wait I misread your answer and you probably don’t live there any more

Do you want my mother’s maiden name too?

16 Likes

Don’t want to give the address for identify theft reasons.

Looks like the same gate and garage door from over 20 years ago.

6 Likes

Nice part of the world that, shrewbs! I think you are getting a new Co-op at some point in the near future

1 Like

This is from at least 6 years ago I reckon and my parents have moved out now. My old bedroom window is top right. I lived here from 1988 (4 years old) until 2004 (19 years old) then briefly in late 2017-early 2018.

2 Likes

#cornershoplife

6 Likes

If my otherwise impeccable working class hero credentials are called into question here, I would like to point out that about 50 metres to the right of this location is where I took part in my first protest, due to the closure of the coal mine there. And also that it’s in Airdrie.

1 Like

My mum still lives there now so I’d better not.

3 Likes

I’ve just noticed if you put this between H and R you get hairdrier.

8 Likes

@moderators could you replace my maps link with a screenshot that hides the address actually? soz

1 Like

Grew up with my mum in this little house in Slough until I was 10

Then my mum married a tory

img_0_2_dc

13 Likes

Nice job on the weather to really emphasise the differences in quality of life there

9 Likes

the one on the right with the silly windows, lived there from 1985-2003

3 Likes

(OP was an excellent house)

Here you go. Mum still lives there. Dont think I can go back in time on my phone but I’m sure there was a time it had my dad’s car on there, though not sure that’s possible as he died in 2002, did they have street view then?

Hodnet Dr

2 Likes

The public toilets in the Milton Keynes shopping centre that has the penoid shop has AIRDRIER hand dryers. Fyi.

A warming blast of home to make your hands slightly less wet with.

1 Like