🌍🏆 The How Good Are They Really World Cup 🏆🌍 THE FINAL!!!

Good morning! The backing bands world cup was fun so let’s do another won. I’ve taken the top 32 acts from the HGATR leaderboard and split them into groups (gone from 1-32 assigning A-H in order down the list) and we’ll have a lot of polls (and hopefully chat) to see who we like the best! Here are the groups (2 votes each per group, top 2 go through):

GROUP A

• Aretha Franklin
  • Stevie Wonder
  • OutKast
  • ABBA

0 voters

GROUP B

• Neil Young
  • PJ Harvey
  • Portishead
  • Kanye West

0 voters

GROUP C

• Otis Redding
  • Nirvana
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Blur

0 voters

GROUP D

• David Bowie
  • Radiohead
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Beyoncé

0 voters

GROUP E

• The Beatles
  • The Supremes
  • Massive Attack
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers

0 voters

GROUP F

• The Cure
  • Prince
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Jeff Buckley

0 voters

GROUP G

• Björk
  • Wu-Tang Clan
  • Blondie
  • Madonna

0 voters

GROUP H

• Marvin Gaye
  • Kate Bush
  • Rage Against The Machine
  • Toots & The Maytals

0 voters

LET’S GO!

Group F gets an oof from me!

6 Likes

It’s a very oofworthy group tbf.

The best thing about being in The Beatles was all the free votes.

1 Like

Group D = Group of Death

3 Likes

Every group has at least 3 acts I want to vote for I think.

Alright so I am a weedy Arts grad and not a hard core mathematician, but these percentages don’t look right to me.

Probably @Steved and his invisible avatar causing trouble again.

1 Like

:wave:

2 Likes

Perennial World Cup favourite Aretha Franklin has turned into France in 2002 it seems.

3 Likes

Can’t believe two of Springsteen, Prince and The Cure will go out while any of that dreck in Group D gets hand waved through. I would like a full, accurate, and annotated description of the seeding process please.

3 Likes

Only one of those 3 will go out by the look of it. I wrote the list out 1-32 then assigned A-H in order. In football terms, acts 1-8 in pot 1, 9-16 in pot 2 and so on.

1 Like

I’m so sorry Blondie

1 Like

ah, didn’t twig it was two from each group despite it being clearly written up in the OP. This means Radiohead are going through then, doesn’t it? Balls.

1 Like

:wave: The Cure

Hoping for a Toots rally here.

2 Likes

It’s going to be very fun getting very pissed off in this thread!

1 Like

What do you think might happen to set you off on one of your (in)famous temper tantrums?

1 Like

I mean the draw itself has already pissed me off tbh, Funkman.

Two whole groups where I couldn’t even bring myself to use my second vote.

I think what I’m most looking forward to is all of the occasions in which amazing urban artists will be knocked out by canonical, white blokes with guitars, some of which will even be sex offenders!

1 Like

I’m disappointed with Beyoncé’s current showing as well pal.
Technically the draw was decided by the votes of your fellow community members in previous HGATR threads so you may want to turn your righteous ire upon them.