The "I-should-have-booked-today-off" Tuesday thread.

Morning everyone :wave:

Working today, had a shower this morning, it really does the trick for waking me up in the morning. I’ve got so used to having my evening showers.

Something that’s really irking me, I’ve been trying to get quotes for some plastering. Ive contacted about ten different places and only heard back from one place. One! Is this normal? :confused:

Done the big shop, having a late breakfast and will then do my interview prep for tomorrow.

Absolutely. I think we even had a thread about it recently! I’m trying to organise an electrician and even though I know the guy it’s incredibly difficult.

This post paid for by PROF$.

3 Likes

Okay thank you this is good to hear. I started feeling paranoid my flat isn’t posh enough or something :laughing:

I’ve followed up again with some of them. So we’ll see how it goes. May search out that thread :eyes:

Are you sure it’s not some kind of infection? Think water infections could make your back hurt and would explain the sweating and tummy stuff. Definitely call the dr pls!

3 Likes

Nah, that sounds totally normal. Some tales of woe in here!

This post paid for by PROF$.

Don’t even have a case to blow, wide or otherwise :frowning:

You can get cheap colourful ones, they’re just not as pleasing to use as the £££ ones

Morning,

1st day back from holiday and the post holiday blues havent hit too bad. Maybe because I had a relatively decent (for having a 4 month old) night sleep.

Productive morning, put first lot of laundry on, unloaded dishwasher and given baby s_w a bath.

Going to go Next in a bit to pick up a parcel, via dropping a smart shirt off at work for Mr s_w as hes gone in wearing casuals and forgot he is interviewing later.

Could proper go a vanilla latte about now…

Are the bees lesbian or is it a separated idea

1 Like

Being self-employed means I can have a day off whenever I want …but also means that I can’t ever have a day off without the crushing anxiety of a million tedious admin tasks & ’sales’ calls that need to be done in order to avoid bankruptcy at the end of each month

Hi DiS :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Morning. I’ve absolutely ruined my left arm somehow can’t fully extend it. Can’t find the good pain killers.

Noooo there’s barrister strikes

High likelyhood of sitting around doing fuck all :frowning:

Wore silly shoes on my walk yesterday, and had to use the children’s plasters I bought ages ago by mistake

Form a queue everyone

9 Likes

Hi everyone

Super stressy day back at work and now I’m waiting at the vets with Jessica cos she’s not been eating

Not a fun day, hope things improve

Oh I hope Jessica’s OK :frowning: poor thing

1 Like

Christ why can’t I do anything without making an fool of myself??
Walking through the park in a dress with no tights on under cause it’s hot and a surprise gust of wind meant I flashed my entire arse to a trio of old men sat on a bench, minding their own business. Saaaaake

She’s had some injections and had bloods taken :crossed_fingers:. She’s also weed all over me

3 Likes

Had the following phone conversation with the plumber earlier:

“Hello?”
“Hi Dave it’s [Funkhouser]. We’ve just moved in to our new flat and the shower’s not working and we can’t figure out why, do you reckon you could come and have a look”
“Hmmm. I dunno. Might not be till next week now you se…oh hang on just realised who this is! Argyle did ok at the weekend eh? And City obviously (he’s a Man City fan). I’ll send someone round to you after lunch!”

What a town.

11 Likes

Definitely should’ve booked today off. Limbs still all jelly from Krakenhaus, walking around feels like wading through water, and thoughts are like… Whatever the equivalent of that is for the brain. Good job I wfh and all I have to do is go on the computer.