The Im_on_a_diet losing weight thread, 2018 edition

Been dieting for a month and I’ve put on 1kg :upside_down_face:

Got a contraception review when I get back from hols and it looks like I’m gonna be too heavy to stay on my pill :upside_down_face:

Most of my clothes don’t fit me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

70kg is light. you must have a very small frame if you truly do have fat (which i doubt to be honest). I spent the last couple of years at c.78kg, but when i went away last year i began focussing more on resistance training again and cut fat and leaned out to around 72kg. I then continued and managed to get to 68kg which is very light for me, which put me at around 7% body fat. I’m now trying to put weight on and back to 72kg. It really is very easy, so long as you work out your macros and stick to it you can fluctuate either way relatively easily.

Hi Chris are you talking to me?

Hovering on 68kg now, I definitely still have moobs and a belly, probably always will, unless I ever stop drinking.

I didn’t realise there were rules about weight and the pill. Were they just trying to scare you?

Yes, I was. Well no doubt it will be easy to shift. Try doing some sort of resistance or HIIT training and you should be good, but alcohol is the Achilles heel. I barely touch it when I’m in training. On a 4 week programme at the moment and starting another 4 week one straight after, but the weekend inbetween I shall enjoy to the fullest.

1 Like

Apparently it’s not recommended if your BMI is over 30 and I’m just over. I imagine it’s to do with loss of efficacy at a higher body mass? Seems ridiculous to say I’m obese at size 12/14 doesn’t it.

very badly. hello from america.

Sorry

1 Like

I fluctuate between 11 and 12 stone on a fairly rapid scale, does anyone have any insight into this? I don’t really vary my diet or exercise routine too much. Maybe some weeks are heavier on bread / snacky snacks / boozing

Water retention too, probably.

From what you say in the other thread, you’ve been more active and eating more healthily.

A 0.3kg weight gain is within the bounds of water retention, and it’s highly likely that the increased physical activity is increasing muscle mass at the expense of body fat.

But also, it’s not always helpful to make a target weight the main goal. If you’re more active and eating more healthily, that is an achievement in itself, and if you’ve felt better for doing those, then that could be a more productive focus of your motivation.

Nobody in the real word talks about weight in KGs, ffs.

I was about 17st this time two years ago, 14st this time last year, and about 17st again now. Need to get on top of it again, really.

Being utterly miserable at work has turned my snacking habit from the occasionally twix to three chocolate bars a day.

Only been here an hour and already nailed half a pack of custard creams.

:frowning:

This has always been the killer for me. I take in some 85% dark chocolate now for when that happens.

Back down to 11st and a half ish. Need to lose a bit of belly flab but nothing major. Think I can see a bit of benefit from early morning planks

Finally dipped below 15st in the the first time in forever (was 15 and a half for at least a year). Hope it’s sustainable. I’ve changed my standard Tezzas meal deal from the breakfast triple and Walkers Max to the chicken avo and bacon sanger and some S&V Squares, which saves something silly like 500kcal a day and I don’t really enjoy it any less. Then a couple of days a week without booze probably cuts about six beers so say 800kcal a week, minus a couple of train beers here and there, swapped morning lattes for black coffee… all in all, I’ve probably lost a day’s worth of calories a week without much effort. Hopefully it’s not a blip and actually keeps up.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s still a problem. Smashed three packets of peanut M&Ms and two slices of birthday cake yesterday.

(wasn’t even my birthday!)

Happy birthday!

Thanks man - gonna celebrate by eating a whole Colin the Caterpillar to myself!

Just looked up the numbers for the lunch, am literally saving 2000kcal a week on that alone by not choosing the fucking worst possible option just because I always saw it as value for money (three sandwiches instead of two! A bigger bag of crisps!). Christ.

2 Likes