The Incredibles 2

I Still Know What Daniel Blake Did Last Summer

3 Likes

I liked it a lot (despite the north London audience I shared it with — and boy did they share) but I’m watching the first one again now and it’s so much more visually inventive and clever. Which isn’t hard as it’s in my top 5 movies ever. Having said that, my girls loved it much more and laughed like drains at Jack Jack. I want more.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s a fair comment. I had watched the first at the cinema a month back so the continuity between them was excellent.

Not nearly as good as the original but man it had some great set pieces; Jak Jak and the racoon, Helen tracking and then fighting Screenslaver, Violet fighting Void. Shame that the script and actual plot were lacking the charm and originality of the first.

2 Likes

Yeah this pretty much sums it up for me. Dat score tho :heart_eyes:

Plot was also pretty much the same as the first, but bigger-er.

I did enjoy it though, it was way more full of gags than the first as well.

Really enjoyed this pals, beautiful animation, solid gags, INCREDIBLE set pieces. However, it didn’t have the magic of the 1st, which was real lightning in a bottle stuff clearly. An 8/10 which was a fully justified follow up to a classic.

Coco still the best Pixar film of the year.

2 Likes

Catherine Keener’s character felt a little out of place in the retro sci-fi world they inhabit I thought, just in terms of character design.

Posted in the film thread about it as I hadn’t realised this thread was here. It looks fucking ridiculously good, cannot believe the developments Pixar keep making with the visuals, it always seems like they’ve hit the pinnacle and then they go further. Film itself was fine.

1 Like

The short film Bao beforehand was great, really touching

6 Likes

I didn’t like it when the little bun had a goatee

2 Likes

I didn’t like reading your criticism of an amazing little short film.

(Please note, this is not a criticism of you personally, I still like you Ant).

1 Like

I really liked the film! I just didn’t like the thought of a bao bun with a goatee that much.

1 Like

so happy everyone agrees that the original film is AMAZING :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It was a bit where are your heartstrings because I’m going to rip them out.

1 Like

Did you like it when the little bao bun had a goatee?

Not very much.

I like the shorts but they just add more time on which is tough for fidgety kids. We missed some of the ads and were still in there for two and a half hours.

Yeah, I didn’t really like it when the bao bun had a goatee either

What about when she was putting raw meat in his face? Not cool, mum.

I thought the visuals on the raw meat were so lifelike that I forgot to consider the narrative implications

That probably says something about modern society right there but I refuse to think what it could be.