The Kindness of Strangers Thread (Yeah, we rollin')

This thread is dedicated to Jan (or Yan) who lent me his ladder and crowbar - and held the ladder - so that I could get in through my housemate’s bedroom window this evening. Thank goodness he’d left it ajar. The lock had slipped but in a weird (almost impossible way) maybe we have a poltergeist.

Jan lives opposite my local pub but we’ve never seen each other before. I spotted his house was covered in scaffolding and just thought I’d try my luck before giving in and calling a locksmith.

What a lovely guy.

Share your experiences of strangers helping you out.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I feel that someone else must have experienced some kindness and therefore (in the interests of something or other) I’m bumping this thread.

Mate, I live in London.

1 Like

I had forgotten my hair band and they had none at the gym so the lady at the gym just slipped the one off her wrist and gave it to me.
KIND.

1 Like

Oh shit actually, I lost my debit card on the way to the velopark at the Olympic Stadium the other day and the very kind lady let me on the road circuit for free.

I drunkenly faceplanted the pavement walking back from the pub once (had my hands in my pocket and went over like a tree falling down). This guy rushes over and walks me home and we have a nice chat about stuff. As I reach my street he says ‘well, it was good meeting you profk and I hope your face feels better soon. Btw I’m completely off my nut on pills’, smiles and walks away.