The King Of Limbs will age better than any other Radiohead album

I’ve said this before but I’m going to say it again - I simply can’t remember any of these songs when they aren’t playing (lotus aside). I think it’s perfectly OK while it’s on but nothing sticks with me, I’d place it just below Pablo Honey as their worst.

On the other hand, Hail to the Thief often gets a kicking but I think that’s full of great songs and has always stuck with me.

5 Likes

Can’t really remember anything about it, other than Codex has a stop you dead in your tracks beauty. One of my Radiohead all timers

1 Like

Separator is beautiful too

2 Likes

King of limbs is better when you add more songs to it, incredibly

2 Likes

I should go back to it. Tbh they set such a high bar that it’s hard not to have such high expectations with every new release, intentional or not. Revisited AMSP recently and had a lovely time.

The From the Basement session would have been a good album. The production on The King of Limbs still sounds really drab. They uncharacteristically dropped a bollock with the songs they had, essentially.

How about TKOL II ?

Love the remixes

That’s quite a low bar tbf

My Top 5 Radiohead Albums

1. Kid A
  2. OK Computer
  3. The Bends
  4. In Rainbows
  5. The King of Limbs

Its in my top 5. Therefore it’s a great Album!

It’s also in your bottom 5

8 Likes

Quite like this version from 2003

1 Like

You see I loved this early Magpie. I was so disappointed with that album version. CBA with it.

once again going to tell you all it’s their best album.

The first half is better than the second, with In Bloom, Morning Mr. Magpie and Little By Little, Radiohead have come as close as they ever will to making interesting music and textures

2 Likes

These days I mostly listen to Thom’s solo stuff because the rest of the Radioheads are very pedestrian and don’t add anything exciting imo. It’s all about Thom’s voice really.

Thom’s solo stuff would be better if he could produce nicer drum sounds.

1 Like

Anima is good on that front imo, there’s enough else going on and the drums have a nice warm mid range quality to them. Still prefer The Eraser overall though.

Love TKOL a great deal. As someone else mentioned, there’s an even better version of it when you add in some of the extra tracks released at the same time. Particularly ‘The Butcher’.

I’m still annoyed they broke the album up across 4 sides of vinyl though. It’s a 38 minute album FFS.

Liam Gallagher’s opinion:

“I heard that fucking Radiohead record and I just go, ‘What?!’ I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself! You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?”

Liam on Radiohead fans:
" I’ve mellowed, but not in the sense of liking Radiohead or Coldplay. I don’t hate them. I don’t wish they had accidents. I think their fans are boring and ugly and they don’t look like they’re having a good time."

Hey I may be boring and I may be ugly and I may not be having a good time time but uh…
Fair dos you’ve got my number there.

7 Likes

A 500 year old shark? Doot doo do do do doo

6 Likes