The KLF

Shame as I got a little excited there. One of my favourites of all time. Mind you, there was some new video of Bill Drummond getting angry about something doing the rounds a week or so ago, so it’s not impossible. Just not sure if Jimmy really cares now, I think he’s enjoying his art.

not enough love for 3am Eternal in this thread

5 Likes

just make me think of my parents, them

Have always loved The KLF - got into them via The White Room, but these days Chill Out is probably one of my favourite ever albums. Several years back the Thinly Veiled and I visited Jura, at least partly to visit the site of the burning of the million quid - I think that might represent my favourite work of art created in my lifetime tbh tbf.

Some of Bill Drummond’s side projects have been mentioned so far in this thread, but one that often gets overlooked is his solo album The Man which is quirkly excellent and features the backing of The Triffids. He also wrote an interesting article recently about Pete Burns’ passing (although as with most of his writing, it is primarily actually about himself):

https://www.liverpoolconfidential.co.uk/entertainment/remembrance-sunday-by-bill-drummond

Both him and Caulty seem to be pretty busy with other projects currently (Jimmy is currently on tour with his model village I believe) so I would be very surprised if any new music came of this, but then again pretty much everything they’ve done has been fairly surprising.

[Full disclosure: I actually know Bill Drummond socially as, by a quirk of fate, my daughter is friends with his youngest son]

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnBnxf2lDq8

It’s Cauty and Drummond in the giant ice cream cone costumes

2 Likes

If Cauty and Drummond do have anything to do with the online rumours then hats off to them. They’ve managed to get everyone talking about them all over again. Would love to hear what sort for music they would create in 2017 but come on really ? Naaaaahhhh. Never going to happen*

*probably will now

I see the youtube description has been edited to include the message from Bill via KILTR yesterday

“I am aware of a film that has been edited out of old bits of our stuff has been put up on Vimeo and You Tube, but it has nothing to do with us. We also understand that there are two documentaries being made about The KLF; both of these are nothing to do with us. Jimmy and I have always remained very close but we have no plans to reform The KLF or exploit our back catalogue in any way.” - Bill Drummond, 2017.

Watched this footage of the Justified & Ancient and What Time is Love video shoots recently. Entertaining to see Tammy Wynette wandering around a south London industrial estate

Obviously I have a copy of 2K’s Fuck the Millennium somewhere.

Forgot it was 14 minutes long!

2 Likes

3 Likes

What’s good to listen by these folks? I heard the dr who one when I was into that so I guess I have a start

Just listen to the White Room or whatever the album is called.

Beautiful pricks.

On fleek

23 August 2017 is the 23rd anniversary of the burning of a million quid

1 Like

Chill Out. I think it’s pretty hard to get into the piss takey pop stuff. The piss takey sampledelic ambient stuff holds up much better.

2 Likes

Nah, The White Room is great. Easy to get into, and far more varied in styles than it’s given credit for.

1 Like

twitter.com/k2planthire

The Stadium House trilogy stands up better than Justified & Ancient or America: What Time Is Love?

What Time Is Love? (Live at Trancentral) and the original soundtracked my first few term at Sixth Form, 1990.

Weren’t they the biggest selling UK singles artist in 1991?

1 Like

Biggest selling singles act in the world in 1991.

1 Like