The Last of Us 🚨 spoiler outbreak!

Can’t wait to see what mods they come up with

Really good but did find it jarring at times just how close to the game it was

1 Like

Liked it, but did sort of wonder what the point is? I mean obviously not everyone has played the game (or wants to), but for anyone who has,
at points it was just like watching someone else run through the opening stages but without the immersion factor.

I guess there would have been an outcry if they’d deviated too much and given that the game storytelling is very ‘film/tv esque’ this was always going to be the case. Just feels a little redundant (for me personally).

1 Like

Never played the game, thought the first episode was very average. Started out as Dawn Of The Dead, became Hunger Games, and was nowhere near as good as either of them. Too many characters, way too many plot lines opened, little tension built.

Generally surprised how well-received it has been

I think the reception being so high is to do with critics and websites getting all the episodes at once. I expect the second episode to be more focussed, have more tension (should be some good monster stuff), and Joel/Ellie will have more screen time which will make it feel quite different.

18 Likes

I liked this episode even though all they did was cross town, really liked the shelled out landscapes.

1 Like

Me too, for the same reason, although I still find it odd that they can climb on things that aren’t painted yellow. I think those first 2 eps should have been released back to back, they both compliment each other by balancing out the others weaknesses.

2 Likes

The scientist at the beginning of this ep broke me, she was so cute :sob:

4 Likes

enjoying this a lot but i’m really annoyed i can’t binge it

1 Like

ffs joel, headshots

2 Likes

I’m really annoyed I can’t button mash every time a clicker shows up

1 Like

Enjoying this very much so far although the not being able to spark up the lighter was a bit :roll_eyes: . Anna Torv did a grand job though.

1 Like

Brilliant episode. What a game it was, eh?

were the connections between the infected a thing in the game?

Really enjoyed the second episode anyway. Quite liked the intro too

No

3 Likes

I want to love this but something about it isn’t clicking (lol) for me… Not sure if it is because I am struggling to shake the videogamey feel to it all or because I know exactly what is going to happen.

Did anyone catch that they said the first infections were in a flour mill in Jakarta, and in the first ep they made a point of Joel not eating anything with flour (no pancake mix or cake, doing the atkins diet)?

All the reviews say episode 3 is one of the standouts so looking forward to next week

1 Like

Didn’t catch that, no

It was mentioned in a couple of recaps I’ve seen.