The Libertines are doing a hotel in Margate

Went to check in and found the manager would only speak to me in iambic pentameter. It was somewhat disconcerting!

When I saw them at Glastonbury, Ed Harcourt played with them.

Has Sean got a stake in this??

i wish them all the best

The Rakes set up part-time employment agency in the city

22 Grand Job was an actual song mate, it wasn’t them calling you with an offer

Going to have to stop you there pal

Anyone who ever liked the libertines is a tasteless hack, apologies
fucking never drink alcohol man

that includes being a child since I resisted it at I think 13 or 14, so you all have literally no excuse

Oh. I assumed this was a joke.

‘Each room is said to be “individually designed … each with a distinctly Libertines’ style”. It is not clear what this means but it can’t be worse than what was on offer from the previous owners.’

Can’t?

I liked Radiohead when i was six, y’know.

libsmargate

absolutely love Up The Bracket (the whole album), Don’t Look Back Into The Sun and Can’t Stand Me Now

i do remember reading a fairly long guardian article about the really fucked up circles that Pete moves in which was pretty unpleasant

i do wonder what would’ve happened if they’d kept going rather than splitting up just before 00’s indie had it’s commercially successful years (thus giving them a storyline perfect history)

A recent ex-disser was pretty uncomplimentary about Pete D from personal experience as well.

Largely agree on the music - they wrote a few excellent tunes, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he appears to be a prick of the highest order - both on drugs and when clean.

yeah i remember the anecdote you’re referring to

why are so many talented people such shits?

Can we fund a DiSer to go and stay there and write a review pls

The same DiSser who lives in Margate!

Carl sets the coach cassette player on fire.

Pete bumps into Johnny Borrell, who’s now working as a showgirl for the Great Raymundo.

DON’T MENTION THE NME TOUR! I MENTIONED IT ONCE BUT I THINK I GOT AWAY WITH IT