The Log4J Vulnerability

Pretty big this one, huh? People losing their heads a bit about it at work.

The flaw is exposing some of the world’s most popular applications and services to attack, and the outlook hasn’t improved since the vulnerability came to light on Thursday. If anything, it’s now excruciatingly clear that Log4Shell will continue to wreak havoc across the internet for years to come.

Did a search for log4j and there were no results, so assuming that there’s been no chat about this already.

1 Like

is this the end for the internet?

3 Likes

Web3
Log4J
Dot5com

1 Like

The internet needs taking down a peg or two

4 Likes

Albuquerque

14 Likes

I never got this one

stuff like this is so stressful to pay attention to though, I just assume I’m always being hacked

3 Likes

Log 4!?

Blummin ell what did you have for dinner last night, lad

5 Likes

12 Likes

I only got it recently

4 Likes

I think the sum total of my online data just culminates in a stick figure with a crudely handwritten list of personal attributes below reading “sad, horny, likes most puddings”

3 Likes

Albuquerque

1 Like

Oh ffs this is what I get for not reading boring threads

7 Likes

currently switched all backups to physical harddrives and removed them from home network coz you just know eg Seagate are going to do an announcement before long

Albuquerque

5 Likes

Aaaah suffer

6 Likes

Vendors with popular products known to be still vulnerable include Atlassian, Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Cisco, Commvault, ESRI, Exact, Fortinet, JetBrains, Nelson, Nutanix, OpenMRS, Oracle, Red Hat, Splunk, Soft, and VMware. The list is even longer when adding products where a patch has been released.

Impressive list

Oh no what’s wrong with System.out.print()

It’s the only thing I know how to do!

System.out.print() is the good guy now

5 Likes

Nothing, that’s the joke! :smiley:

1 Like