The Long Blondes - possibly something happening (CW - sexual assault)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVVrVp6sDC_/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

British Road Movies was brilliant. Almost prefer that to The Long Blondes’ debut.

4 Likes

Vinyl release of STDYH would be nice.

3 Likes

Some of us have the original vinyl. Wonder if they will tour, see the guitarist round Manchester every now and again. Think he plays gigs round Stockport.

One of them is DJing at a gig im going too later. I’ll try and get a scoop…

1 Like

What’s going on is a big tune

3 Likes

Massively underrated record

2 Likes

@Aggpass Kate Jackson tweeted your thread! That’s pretty cool!

2 Likes

I’ll take guestlist to a Sheffield show pls Kate

3 Likes

If you look at both Dorian Cox & Kate Jackson’s instas looks like they’ve been recently doing some stuff together

I dunno if I dreamt this or I’m thinking of another band, but the reason they split up was because one of the band had a stroke?? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yeah Dorian Cox did, not long after the second record came out.

1 Like

Awful.

Is the second record worth a go? I remember really enjoying The Long Blondes debut, but can’t recall spending any time with the follow up.

Didn’t do this by the way

2 Likes

Erol Alkan produced it if memory serves. More synth I think it’s been years since I last listened to it. Might stick it on this afternoon.

Debut fucking rules

3 Likes

Feel like the debut should have been a bit more of a hit than it ultimately was. Probably a ton better than a lot of the other NME stuff that was around at that point. Maybe it just missed the initial wave of those kind of bands by a year or so? Can’t remember for sure.

They are really dragging this announcement out aren’t they?!

Maybe they’re going to The Good Mixer for a pint.