The Long Blondes - possibly something happening (CW - sexual assault)

Probably can’t get a pressing date.

Giddy Stratospheres being used in Raw was pretty cool, was the last time I heard them.

1 Like

This was a flatly amazing bit of work; writing, vocals, production, … everything, the best thing they ever did IMO.

3 Likes

Reissue and reunion tour I’m guessing?

Are the couples still together?

Lovely stuff quite tempted at £23

4 Likes

That’s a great price tbf.

1 Like

Only a few weeks until I can listen to this without feeling guilty

3 Likes

Interview in the Quietus, here.

It seems to start off a little self-important, but by the end it’s more honest and self-reflective

1 Like

I sometimes think about the great tees, at the time, I have missed out on at merch stands (the original Arctic Monkeys Bang Bang t-shirt) or I have worn to shit (milk music & the cribs comic book t shirt) but, quite upset to see a t-shirt reprinted with the date of a gig I went to 15 years on the back. It’s upsetting (also really want it)

1 Like

My copy of the reissue arrived this morning. A rare example of a vinyl release coming out on schedule at the moment.

2 Likes

Had the original version of this in light blue and I miss it every day.

What a fucking album eh

2 Likes

It is still fucking amazing. Not a fan of this remaster though although the feedback and background noise has gone.

Probably the 1st time an album that I remember from the time of release I truly love has had the remaster treatment and it’s just like “that’s not the album”. Weird feeling.

Need to listen to the original again tbh.

Weird how snarky people are about the 00’s music and only use the same 5 bands. Seems to switch the term “Landfill Indie” whenever it is needed for an argument which is quite funny. The interview itself is good though.

1 Like
1 Like

Are they back?

4 Likes