The Maldives

Always thought they were somewhere near Portugal.

Next week: The Scilly Isles

1 Like

a holiday destination only chosen if you win it on an ITV gameshow

We’re top lads.

Me too.

When I first got a job in London, the agency I worked for celebrated by using up all the accrued 5 years of air miles to take the 20 or so of us there for 4 days. Everyone couldn’t believe it. I thought we were just going to somewhere shit near Spain, TBH.

They were pretty nice, and I now realise how lucky I was to go there, and how unlucky all the honeymooning couples were to have us descend on their dream getaway.

Though I would rather revisit about 100 places I’ve been in my life over ever going back there, mind.

They’ve got a shit bust of CR7 at the airport there, haven’t they?

great band

That’s Madeira.

It is quite expensive to go there, yes.

11 Likes

I went when I was maybe 17 and did loads of diving and it was possibly the best week of my life. There was a big tarantula in my bedroom one night also

No that’s a cake

Maldives, Mauritius and Seychelles makes me think of wedding couples. And families who boast about their expensive holidays.

1 Like

No that’s Dundee

Came in to say that ^these three places are all the same place in my mind…

1 Like

:neutral_face:

Yeah I wonder what % of the Maldives’ western tourist $ is generated by honeymooning couples. Must be 90%.

no, that’s someone who’s just finished chapter four of the dictionary

10 Likes

Superb

No.

1 Like

My work was a bit quiet during July & August so I practised the Sporcle ‘name all the countries in the world in 15 minutes quiz’ once a day until I’d perfected it. Just had another go for the first time in over a month, and I got 196/197, so if anyone has any questions about any countries and where they are, feel free to fire them through (Grenada excepted).

2 Likes

Dunno… we went for our honeymoon after touring Sri Lanka and quite a lot of older people there as well as people going for the diving etc.

Amazing place. Sad that it’s likely not to exist any more in a few generations.