The Mandalorian & Book of Fett (S3 from Post 1283)

There’s a Rick and Marty episode done in the style of Lone wolf too.

I was more shocked that they lifted an entire 5 minute scene from the film and just stuck it in that Bobba fett as a key plot point.

1 Like

The sand train heist in an earlier episode was directly lifted from Lawrence Of Arabia as well. Don’t think there’s any harm in it. It’s a nice thing to see if you get the reference, but no harm done if you don’t.

4 Likes

Oh buddy those first ten minutes. I’ll take all of that you got.

3 Likes

Really liked that, was a bit Andorian. Best Mandalorian episode since that one where the robots kidnap Grogu

3 Likes

Some neat flying from Bo-Katan

2 Likes

Loved the world building and learning about the New Republic.

Feel like they’re building up to somehow Palpatine returned and jar of Snokes

2 Likes

Bo-Katan is just very cool isn’t she

5 Likes

It did a better job of doing the ideas of the scenes in the Last Jedi at Canto Bite in about 2 minutes inside and outside the opera house than the entire flabby sequence in the film

5 Likes

really interesting episode, gf hated it due the distinct lack of baby yoda (it’s not called the baby yoda show for nothing!) but i loved it for all the nerd lore shit, and the grounded star destroyer!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, although the pacing was a bit slow all the Amnesty Programme stuff turned out to be quite the conversation starter in our house & now the 9 year old knows all about Werner Von Braun & the Apollo moon landings & human space exploration being one of the areas that had direct influence from the USA’s recruitment of former Nazi scientists after WWII

4 Likes

:grinning: amazing, that’s some good parenting right there!

Cheers

It was mainly down to an interesting line of enquiry from her tbh. It was a pretty neat conversation about world-building really and the differences between what you might expect from a story (bad guy/good guy stuff) versus how you deal with political realities and whether technologies are bad/good/neutral depending on who invents them & who owns them

2 Likes

yeah the whole cloning being useful to the new republic despite being illegal thing was a really interesting way of bringing in those ethical questions, felt very post-andor star wars-y

1 Like

Yep & The Mandalorian does directly tap into that whole Star Wars conflict between spirituality/religion/belief and technology/technocracy

A wandering diaspora of true believers with a mission to protect the Creed and return to their ancestral home after an attempt to wipe out their race? I wonder what that could be about?

1 Like

hard to say

1 Like
here's a nerd thing i've realised/looked up to check after thinking about something for a few weeks

paz vizsla, the beefy mandalorian guy, his clan history is wild. his ancestor was a jedi mandalorian who created the dark saber and lost it to bo-katan’s sister (iirc) satine, then another vizsla (pre vizsla) was exiled to the moon and set up death watch who helped darth maul take the dark saber and kill satine. bo-katan and co refused to recognise maul as ruler of mandalore and did a runner, then later sabine ren had the dark saber and gave it to bo-katan, but pre vizsla wouldn’t recognise her as ruler because she’d been given the saber and hadn’t won it in combat

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

If I was the New Republic and their were still pirates and warlords all over the gaff I might hold on to the star destroyers instead of scrapping them.

2 Likes

Coruscant needs a new High Speed floatrail infrastructure though & all the mining worlds got wiped out in The Purge

Gotta recycle!

1 Like

thought it was great until its a trap!

nice kubrick vibes to the mind flaying scenes. best episode of mando had 4% of mando in it :sweat_smile:

the mind flayer looked mint as well, proper 70s sci-fi

2 Likes