The Mandalorian & Book of Fett (S3 from Post 1283)

Fair enough. Pretty much every other line is like that though. :smiley:

Confirmation that Gina Carano is no longer in The Mandalorian or Star Wars full stop.

1 Like

Good! What an absolute shit bag. Although tbh it’s long overdue.

1 Like

I presume part of the timeline for Disney was that she really ramped up the terrible by the time S2 was all wrapped up so they elected to try and tough it out and maybe hoped she might see reason (or else banked on having won back the toxic side of the fandom who’d make sure no one cared).

1 Like

This is so funny/true. If Daisy Ridley revealed herself as a Trump supporter tomorrow, guaranteed you’d get a hundred new YouTube videos saying “We were WRONG about Rey’s character in the sequel trilogy?” Such a shame that horrendous part of the fan base seems to be the most vocal.

2 Likes

Just finished Season 1 last night. Big SW fan, enjoyed all the films, played the roleplaying game as a teenager and enjoy making the lego with the calf. Not that fussed about it, slow and poorly paced. And the armourer mentioned the Jedi in episode 8 of S1…

1 Like

Second half S2 is really good I think.

2 Likes

It stays that poor, mostly.
There’s some good bits here and there but it’s very meh for me.

Yes, I can’t really put my finger on it, but key issues for me:

i) the protagonist has no facial expressions and one-note delivery, so it’s hard to be interested in the lead character
ii) that means the rest of the cast have to carry any emotional investment in what is happening, but the stand-alone nature of the episodes (even with the story arc) means that either you don’t get to know them or they’re a tool for the drama (Kuill, the IG unit])
iii) it makes the fan service in TROS look like peanuts in comparison

I find myself agreeing with all the negativity in this thread even though I really want to enjoy it (but don’t). Ho hum. Might give Season 2 a miss. And yes, having Boba Fett and his WAY cool armour essentially an ‘off the shelf’ character really b*ggers his legacy. That and being digested.

2 Likes

Not just me then

4 Likes

About that…

Season 2 is better but it’s still not good, it’s ok at best.

Lolled at that one! :smiley:

And…for a show with spaceships, the Razor Crest (Falcon Crest anybody?) reminds me of the flying testes from Battle Beyond The Stars:

Not a good look.

2 Likes

Yeah reminded me of that always.

I’ll be honest that I warmed to the show a lot more when I watched it all again with my wife and daughter who wanted to see it.

1 Like

Baby Yoda is basically Mogwai after a close shave:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Watched a few episodes of this now. Can’t believe only one person gave me the correct answer to this question.

1 Like

Just skip to season 2, read a recap obvs, and you’ll be fine. Season 2 is decent, season 1 isn’t.

10 Likes

Well I’m not sleeping tonight.

3 Likes