The Mars Volta (2023)

Frances, orange translucent pls.

I knew I’d seen something about this last week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLoIYMKHsl5/?igshid=1dkrffwl6771b

Someone on Twitterings pointed out the similarities between the image in the video and Mr Headplatelight on the De-loused cover. Reissue? 18th anniversary tour playing it in full over many hours? Everyone plays 18th anniversary tours, right? Whatever it is, I’m excited.

1 Like

In prog form!

9 Likes

Wish I hadn’t had to sell a loads of my TMV and Omar Rodriguez records when I was strapped for cash. Sold amputechture and bedlam for about £100 each and something like the first 10 ORL records. Thankfully held onto original Frances the Mute and the MOV reissue of Deloused.

1 Like

Vinyl Boxset
£Expensive

Bloody hell.

5 Likes

Yup and over half already gone apparently.
Price is an utter piss take.
And they’ve not bothered including scab dates.

What a shame. Absolutely no need for it to be that expensive.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve bought studio album boxset for around the 100 Mark before and some of those had 18 LPs.
Smacks of price gouging their biggest fans. Also suspect a lot of ebay/discogs scumbags are ‘investing’.

1 Like

Blimey, that’s like 100th of a Bitcoin!

:joy:

tumblr_m7ns6vI2Xl1r0wybyo1_400

And that one person: @anon42112221

ha nah i have them all pretty much. would like to have those deloused demos and the outtakes etc but no way i’m buying the whole boxset. interested to hear what the new masters sound like tho.

will probably pick up a couple if they release them separately

sure, it’s expensive, but if they’d put it out for £150 it would have been up on ebay for £500 immediately anyway

I’m going to assume that this means I will eventually be able to buy an LP of Deloused

That’s no excuse. Tickets to gigs shouldn’t be multiple times the price just because that’s what people will pay for them through scalpers. They could also simply commit to producing more of these boxsets to meet demand, therefore wiping out the resale market, if they wanted to. They’re clearly fleecing here.

3 Likes

if they sell all 5000 that’s a gross of 2 million dollars lol. i’m sure quite a bit of time and money has gone into the remastering and all that but…jeez, lads.

2 Likes

They’re probably my favourite ever band. If I wasn’t buying a house and paying for a wedding, I’d be in.