The Music are back

These were OK weren’t they? I remember them being ok.

I liked them at the time, not sure what folks issue is with them really.

Didn’t think they were that big (don’t actually know what the capacity of Temple Newsam Park is for gigs though, but gotta be fairly big)

Loved The Music, but can understand the apathy. Hopefully southern dates, as can’t make this one. Temple Newsam is a lovely spot.

1 Like

all the lads

2 Likes

They held Leeds Festival there for a couple of years so it’s pretty big

1 Like

I really liked the debut album at the time though can’t remember so much of what they released afterwards, might have to have a listen back.

Probably not many peoples cup of tea on here (northern lads) but they were really good live from what I remember, this should be a good thing for them.

1 Like

The second album is average but I think there’s some good songs on the third album

1 Like

Didn’t actually know they had a 3rd album until the other day

Used to like a couple of the singles from the first two albums but tended to find the rest hard work

Just looked up a couple of videos for the tracks I remember, surprised to see they all look about 15. Also the tracks I used to like haven’t aged well at all tbh

Surprised at the scale of this reunion show (unless it’s been designed with social distancing in mind?) but might be like how The Courteeners can still fill an arena in Manchester somehow

really liked the first record at the time. haven’t listened to it in years, will give it a spin over the weekend.

they’re still absolutely massive in Glasgow too, they played the Hydro which is 14k capacity last time they played up here

fuckin whit?!

All my mates love The Music (so I’ll probably end up going…because I quite like them too)

Being listening to the albums and glad they are returning. They broke just as I was at university in Leeds so got to see them a lot. Me and some housemates got in the video for ‘The People’. Really great live.

Guitarist Adam Nutter has been doing some YouTube videos around the band. Clearly was very tough for him to see the band split, and talks about his mental health/bi-polar and doing nothing for the years after the split apart from playing computer games with a mate. Now works as a gardener. Drummer, Phil, works as a counsellor.

Rob an interesting story, too. Gave up the booze/drugs, now guitarist with The Streets and writing number 1 chart songs (Head and Heart for Joel Corry). Imagine other return shows will hang around his commitments with The Streets.

My favourite track…

6 Likes

My friends loved them - Good singles off both those albums (never heard the third) and seemed to have a fair bit of momentum early on - Always saw them saw them as a kind of mix of Janes Addiction and the Verve with added hi-hat. Watched 10 mins of their set at Leeds 2002 and was absolutely packed

Been revisiting their catalogue the past couple of days after previously turning my nose up at the idea of them reforming. This is a banger

Probably be a really fun gig with all those supports as well. Fair play.

would go