The music of Spacemen 3, Spiritualized and J. Spaceman

I still haven’t listened to mine - did you get the coloured variants? I can’t tell if its the Steve Hoffman brigade just making a mountain out of a molehill

Yes, I got the white LGM and the glow-in-the-dark PP.

Official website isn’t working. The new artwork is terrible

I know it’s the pill tray, but it looks a bit lego-y.

I suppose the original artwork concept is better-suited to CDs, seems a shame to mess with a classic though.

that artwork is horrible. wearing my lagwafis t shirt today out of pure coinky-dink though, that’s nice.

1 Like

Genuinely quite angry about the artwork. Might get the VMP pressing and one of the t-shirt cause they are still ace.

1 Like

The artwork could be Michael Gove mooning and I would still buy it. I am very excited about having L+G on vinyl!

1 Like

Blue vinyl ordered. Don’t mind the new artwork, personally.

Boring alert, but yesterday’s Spz activity made me dream of the band, which happens surprisingly often. Last night it was me hearing a completely new version of Stay With Me, recorded as a duet between Jason and Kate. It even had a melodramatic video of them embracing knee-deep in the Caribbean somewhere, and it sounded amazing. Alas, just a dream…

1 Like

Disappointed that it seems like the Elivis version is being used on this edition…definitely think the originally released version is superior

1 Like

Pre-orders of this seem to be sold out most places :frowning:

These guys were really good when I was late ordering lazer guided melodies

1 Like

I was going to hold firm and wait for the cheaper black, but them when the blue started to sell out very quickly I buckled and ordered one. No self control… :pensive:

On the flip side, I’m very excited to get to finally own this on vinyl! :money_mouth_face:

Also, anyone in London who wants to save on postage with an in-store pick-up, these guys still have some (and it’s a very friendly lovely little shop): Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen.. (Coloured Vinyl) at STP Records - STRANGER THAN PARADISE RECORDS | LONDON

Official store seems to have them I think?

1 Like

Oh for some reason this didn’t show when I looked earlier.

I’ve picked up a copy from the link that @mark_h posted above (and ended up spending a little over the £50 limit for free shipping :grimacing: but then this did include a copy of the Low Christmas album on vinyl :heart_eyes:)

2 Likes

I’ve only ordered a couple of things from them, but they were really friendly and helpful when i did - like you i bumped up the order for free postage!

Thanks for the tip! Everywhere was sold out of the blue vinyl apart from this place, so i’ve placed my order with them!

Last one this isn’t it?

I’m not massively fussed on the cover of this but they’ve retained the medically-themed artwork elsewhere on the sleeve. I also liked the picture on the inside of the gatefold:

Apparently this was taken from when the original CD was packaged.

1 Like

Think so, for the time being at least. Big fan but IMHO the next few after LICD until the most recent one are a bit patchy (but still worth a listen)

Any idea when this preorder becomes available generally