The NBA Thread

If a friend of mine wanted to watch full episodes of Inside the NBA, how could they achieve such a thing?

fucking unreal

3 Likes

Think I might start supporting the Raptors

• Dinosaur branding
  • Underdogs
  • Kyle Lowry is cool as fuck
  • Not in the US
1 Like

minus points - the whole Drake thing

crashing out of the playoffs imminently too.

I don’t mind the Raps, tbh. The Drake thing is annoying, but I like DeRozan and Carroll a lot.

Why not support the Celtics, though?

That is a good question… I guess I find that shtick a bit cringey. Always struggled to find a team to connect with. Naturally end up watching the teams doing best the most

what shtick! :wink:

Darby O’Gill and the Little People: the sports team

1 Like

:smiley:

fucking love the leprechaun. tbh, I really hated it at first, back when I played NBA Jam on the n64, but started playing as them for some reason and have supported them ever since.

I’m going to be in Boston with work when the conference finals are on so really hoping they get through. No chance of a ticket but just watching in a bar will be quality I expect.

2 Likes

ha, good a reason as any! :smiley: tbh, got back into NBA a couple of years ago because of the Second Captains podcast’s US guy bigging up the Warriors, but it almost felt like cheating just supporting them

oh man, I am so fucking jealous. sad, but its a life goal of mine to see a game at the garden - being in the city during the finals (if they get through) is gonna be super sweet.

nah, there’s no shame in it. they play exceptional basketball and have some of the best individual players in the NBA.

anyone watching the games tonight btw? early tip offs…

yeah I’ve got the Cavs on in the background while I do some work. Hope the Raptors win this to keep them honest but it’s not looking good so far.

Korver is having a great night. Nothing you can do about that with god-like LeBron and Kyrie and Love on the floor. Raps are gonna get swept.

TBH i’m not sure who can beat this team when they’re healthy. Even the Warriors with 2 MVPs in the starting 5 wouldn’t be able to cope with the Cavs spacing.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

so what do we think about Zaza/Kawhi last night then?

It’s really shit to have one of the best players go off injured but tbh I don’t think it was intentional… Zaza’s looking in completely the other direction and yeah he moves towards him but I doubt he could’ve known what was gonna happen exactly

could be wrong though. I hope Kawhi’s back for game 2 in any case.

don’t think it was intentional at all - just clumsy AF. a bit like Olynyk doing Love’s shoulder last year.

can’t see the Spurs getting past GS without Kawhi at all. I think LaMarcus is a bum and Patty Mills is a role player.

Game 7 against the Wizards is gonna be so good. Nervous about tomorrow already tbh, since draft lottery takes place then too.