The Neon Handshake 15th anniversary tour

got tickets to Glasgow.

I’ve seen them play it in full before at the Barfly in Glasgow a long fucking time ago, maybe around the time of Transmit Disrupt?

Think I was at that show. Wasn’t that their farewell tour? Excellent nonetheless, can’t wait to see them again.

Ooooooooooooh! Album that still holds up. Portsmouth sounds tip top.

I don’t know if it was; it felt like a surprise for me, I had no idea it was going to be an album show. it might have been billed as a farwell show, I’m not sure. it’d say it was around 2007, so maybe?

Ah wait, misread your post, I didn’t see them do a full album show. Definitely saw their last show before breakup at the barfly though and it was amazing. Would have been around 07 though.

2 minutes on MS Paint - $1800.00 please!

The comment from Ringo on the website :smiley:

“I started in the late nineties with my computer art. While I was touring it gave me something to do in all those crazy hotels you have to stay in on the road. In its way ‘Pop’ art is always changing-like ‘Pop’ artists. Its a natural move of things like pop music and even Popeye the Sailor Man.”

I do not understand what the last sentence means

5 Likes

The typo really makes it.

Bumpy bump.

I’m listening The Neon Handshake now. Good god, it’s brilliant. How has this aged so well compared to it’s contemporaries?! Man. These guys should have been as big as Deftones.

3 Likes

I think the production dates it a bit, but a lot of the songs are still massive.

Got absolutely shafted by their label though didn’t they? Similar story to Hundred Reasons. That was such an exciting time for British music, which I though was gone for good but bands like Black Peaks, Puppy and Marmozets give me hope that we could see a similar thing happening again this year.

3 Likes

ICYMI: Big Scary Monsters are doing a re-release on vinyl

http://www.bsmrocks.com/products/608482-hell-is-for-heroes-the-neon-handshake-lp-preorder?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=hifh_bsmlaunch

1 Like

there’s some bangers on the second album… not sure i ever heard the third

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this gig

1 Like

Loved that song. Hate p much everything else on the album