The Neptune Music Prize 2016 - Vote Here

Nah that’s fair enough, I totally understand that you posted it on Facebook which would get new traffic into the boards. It’s just easy to jump to conclusions like that when it comes to public polls because they often do get hijacked when a sniff of an award comes into play as it’s something that can be put into press releases. Was just bamboozled as I think they’re the 2 least talked about albums on the list as far as this community is concerned but it’s easy to forget DiS isn’t confide purely to the walls of these here boards.

Fiona Brice

oh, phew, someone i’ve never heard of is winning now instead

Of that list, has to be Daughter for me. Loads there I’ve still to listen to as well

2 Likes

i admit to only signing up to vote for my favourite one. sorry.

board looks fun though :slight_smile: will stick around until not welcome anymore.

1 Like

Welcome :smiley: one of us, one of us!

1 Like

Martha or Meilyr, Meilyr or Martha. Tough choice.

Tbf, you can’t really mitigate against someone asking their mates and/or fans to vote for them.

If Sean really cares, I’d put the vote as private, both to increase suspense and to limit incentive for biased voting. Just a bit of fun though, innit.

1 Like

I know, I wish I didn’t say anything now, was a case of me thinking out loud

The gammon on the bed was fine, DiS. The gammon on the bed was fine.

2 Likes

The list is total bobbins - Future Of The Left is the only decent effort - where Minor Victories? Bad Breeding? and the non voting for Girl Band is inexcusable

1 Like

Meilyr Jones is my new best thing. Saw him supporting John Grant and they nearly had to drag him off stage with a hooked stick when his time was up. Beautiful album, beautiful guy.

2 Likes

They did come up but a few of our team said they loved tracks and them live more than the album.

I mainly agree with L, R, A, D, M, B, D, D, A, D and S.

3 Likes

MEILYR

3 Likes

Meilyr is the right answer.

3 Likes

Voted Meilyr, album is good and am a bit biased as I know some of his band members! If I had a 2nd choice would vote PJ Harvey, beautiful record

2 Likes

Really tough call between Martha and Shura for me. Went with Shura in the end.

1 Like

The brilliant thing about this list as it has guided me towards a few records I hadn’t heard before. Hadn’t heard The Kills album before but really enjoying it.

1 Like

L,A,D,B,A,N,T,S.

1 Like