The Night Of

dunno what that hyphen is doing tbh

IDIOT-DICKHEAD

1 Like

Loved the first couple of episode, the tension when he first goes to the police station is brilliant. Went downhill a bit after that, still enjoyable though.

hmm not sure how i really felt about this overall

started out a bit true-crime, descended into a really weird tone of sort-of-funny but also about a brutal murder?

sort of lost sight of the victim too (‘oh well she did loads of drugs nvm’)

also the prison stuff might as well have been the new series of Prison Break, maybe with slightly better actors (sorry Wentworth!)

really liked John Tuturro fwiw

if you’ve watched this and haven’t watched Show Me A Hero then shame on you

1 Like

I went on a massive Springsteen binge after watching the brilliance that was Show me a hero. So good!

on episode 4. turning out to be one of the best shows I’ve seen in years. can’t remember watching something as tense and unsettling in a long while. Riz Ahmed is fucking amazing too.

Finished over the weekend, yeah it really tails off doesn’t it…

Good though, John Turturro is the fucking man.

Thought that introducing the suspect right at the end was really poor form

1 Like

Yup, did that thing of introducing a whole load of red herrings and then just dropping the shoulder right at the end, cheap

1 Like

what he said

I’ll download this asap.

1 Like

you’ll love it, man. real slow-burner, but fucking ace

ENJOY BROTHER

1 Like

Nice showing of the spoiler, hot shot.

UH OH. QUOTING REVEALS SPOILERS. SORT IT OUT @1101010 FFS.

1 Like

Show me a hero was really good

You know what the biggest issue with this was in the end? The show was absolutely awful at showing how much time has elapsed. Think the cliched prison transition would have worked a lot better if it didn’t seem like it had happened overnight.

Could have been an interesting conflict if they had this other suspect but were pursuing the case against riz, which i guess was happening internally for box anyway but yeah, could have been handled better.

1 Like

Yeah, that scene where he presented the lady with his case for the other dude and she was just like “the stuff against Riz is stronger” was good but should have been way more of a sub-plot, was too thrown away IMO

1 Like

has anyone discused the fact that filming was delayed for a year or something? dunno

anyway, this could be the reason why the ending appeared rushed and pretty damn inconclusive

again…dunno

I dunno man, I feel like they told the story they wanted to tell they just told it in a flawed way.

1 Like