The Notwist 2020

New single Ship.

Tempted to drive to Köln next weekend to go see them…

3 Likes

They’re always great live.

Absolutely hammered The Devil, You + Me, but have never explored anything else by them. What’s worth checking out?

Neon Golden (the album before that) for sure.

Does that guy still play music using the Wii sticks, like when I saw them at ULU in God knows when? I imagine that was a moment in time

4 Likes

I listened to Neon Golden for the first time in ages yesterday. God it’s so good isn’t it?

4 Likes

They’ve not used the Wiimotes in the last couple (/few?) times I’ve seen them. I think that the Wiimote guy (who also goes by the apt-moniker of Console, unless I’ve got that wrong) is no longer in The Notwist.

Very pleased to have a new Notwist album coming out! They seem to be like (very slow) clockwork, releasing a new album every six years (Close To The Glass, 2014; Devil You + Me, 2008; Neon Golden, 2002)

Definitely worth checking out Spirit Fest (consisting of The Notwist and Tenniscoats) and their album from this year. Very lovely album, but it’s just so good to know there’s a proper Notwist album coming as well!

They started out metal and were great. This cover is just brilliant.

And this is the heaviest song I’ve heard with a banjo intro :slightly_smiling_face:

I absolutely adore Neon Golden and Shrink, but the two since didn’t really capture my attention for some reason. Hope this one clicks.