🇮🇪 The Official Irish Music Thread. 🇮🇪

It doesn’t feel pitched to an Irish audience despite the Tayto and Gemma O’Doherty references. So far across the wrong side of the “show don’t tell” line writing wise

4 Likes

You’ve nailed it for me here. He may as well be reading Twitter replies over some really piss poor music.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

This is what I thought as well and explains why I’ve seen so few people talk about it

2 Likes

Listened to Olivia Furey’s set from Open Ear '22 earlier and it’s fucking brilliant and gas at the same time.

Really have to go to that festival.

Woah, one song in and it is disgracefully shit.

2 Likes

Just listening to this. Fucking hell!

1 Like

THUMPER – Delusions of Grandeur

How is this on any list other than one of shame?

2 Likes

Listened to the whole thing, violently bad. I love pop music but fuck me, that gave it a bad name.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

1 Like

Uuuugh, not looking forward to this.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

1 Like

I’m bored in work and just listened to a song from every band on the list and I dislike / hate all of it except Just Mustard.

:smiley:

The Mary Wallopers are another Dundalk bunch! (and are absolutely great)

1 Like

I use to be school friends with the older brothers of the Hendy’s in the Mary Wallopers :smiley:
The band will never be my thing though…

1 Like

First half is genuinely improved on what I’ve heard from them but by ‘I Love You’ I couldn’t wait for it to end. A band of half-baked bollocks.

The guitars sound fucking brilliant on it. Just a shame their drummer and bass player are so lacking. It all blends into one after a while. A band wasting their potential.

Think the drummer sounds great live, he gets louder every time I see them. Maybe not fully captured on the record though. Quite like the simplicity of the bass keeping things anchored as the guitars swirl around it.

New album does blend into one a little bit more than the debut admittedly but still a big fan.

Agree the guitars are incredible.

1 Like

Final rankings.

Dermot Kennedy album is up there with some of the worst music I’ve ever heard, top three are all interchangeable depending on the day.

10.) Dermot Kennedy – Sonder
9.) THUMPER – Delusions of Grandeur
8.) Fontaines D.C. - Skinty Fia
7.) Just Mustard – Heart Under
6.) Pillow Queens – Leave the Light On
5.) Sorcha Richardson – Smiling Like an Idiot
4.) Anna Mieke – Theatre
3.) Aoife Nessa Frances – Protector
2.) CMAT – If My Wife New I’d Be Dead
1.) The Mary Wallopers – The Mary Wallopers

4 Likes