The OFFICIAL Summer Wrestling Thread 2019 (featuring, G1 Tournament, AEW ALL OUT and Summerslam!)

HWFG LADS

pretty fun episode, crowd were hot as shit which helps, lots of reasons to watch and things built up here, very good stuff.

Surprisingly, Lio Rush vs Oney Lorcan may have been match of the night?

ONEY RULES

2 Likes

Bit gutted they didn’t get Cole on commentary to offer his disdainful view on the new NXT

3 Likes

There used to be loads of this on Youtube, did enjoy Josh Matthews’ little giggle to Cole

Hey listen fuckhead!

1 Like

Cole with the gong was gold

Thought NXT was…ok. Great opener and interesting that they threw Shirai out there first. They clearly see a lot in her and so they should because she’s fucking brilliant.

Ending fell a bit flat, I thought. Dunno if they timed the show wrong or something but if you’re going to have a bullshit finish then at least ring the bell and make an announcement.

Walter is money.

Guess we are due an autumn thread soon but in the meantime

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1175803186071912451?s=20

She’ll get called up some time next year and be given nothing to do for the next 8 months.

Call ups feel a bit redundant now though, don’t they? Cross polination between the brands will be the new normal going forward, I imagine. A special appearance on Raw/SD here and there then back to NXT, taking some new fans with them each time.

Looks like it’s going to be $5/month (or $2.99 per episode) for us to watch AEW live then, after ITV completely fucked it.

I think people were assuming stuff that wasnt confirmed, i spent a lot of this thread asking ‘is the weekly show on itv live then?’ And people were telling me yes but without any supporting evidence. ITV will still show it but not live. I guess the logic is ‘not worth airimg at 1am’ and i dont blame them as they rely exclusively on ad revnue unlike sky which operates on a subscription

Haven’t got the quote to hand but Tony Kahn did make some pretty solid assurances about international tv, even going so far as to say it’d be better than the deal WWE currently has.

‘Not live’ is one thing but ‘4 days later at 8am on a Sunday morning’ for the full, unedited show is a total head scratcher.

Sunday 8am sounds like a much better time slot than Wednesday 1am tbf. Especially if they want to do what TNA did and sucker in people who are lapsed wrestling fans

Both of those are terrible slots

1 Like

But does it sound like a better time slot than, say, 8pm on a Thursday evening on ITV4? This is my point. A 4 day delay in 2019 is a complete piss-take.

Doesn’t look like ITV are broadcasting the inaugural Wednesday Night Dynamite either, at least not live :frowning:

Oh right that’s what we’re already talking about whoops :joy:

Not to mention the fact that, when the full show does finally make air here, it’ll have to be edited to remove any TV-14 content for the Sunday morning audience.

Quite happy to pay the $5 Fite TV subscription myself, although I hope this includes replays as I’ll rarely be able to watch live.