The performances of Ben Affleck

Gone Girl is awful. Affleck is a shit actor (but a decent writer)

Was going to say how great he is in Swingers but then I realised that was Vince Vaughn.

1 Like

Fucking HATE this with a passion

“Oh we small undeserving shit eating little termites of the working class deserve our disgusting worthless lives, but you’re born superior and deserve the objectively better life of the middle class”

Absolutely fuck off.

Have just given his Wikipedia a scroll and I believe the only thing I would say he was any better than passable in was Changing Lanes.

1 Like

No.

No no no.

I say yes.

2 Likes

He’s been in some good films but rarely put in great performances IMO.

He’s likeable and stuff but that’s it.

Interesting take. Completely disagree with this reading of it though tbh.

2 Likes

Batfleck was great. The films he was in? No.

1 Like

yep thought he played a great middle aged bruce wayne, shame the films were shit

he’s good in the Accountant too, ridiculous film that it is

1 Like

Yeah he’s rubbish - just sort of ‘there’
Seems a bit if a down as well ( he might be great for all I know)

Went to the London Film Festival screening of this and Affleck turned. Seemed a very nice guy. Great Bunch of Film Star.

1 Like

It’s certainly a complex role that really stretches an actor :wink:

was he “surprisingly down to earth and very funny”?

I reckon Affleck is probably a decent fella and the absolute shit he and Jenniffer Lopez got/get (especially when together) is pretty nasty and unwarranted.

3 Likes

Clooney and Kilmer shat the bed with it tbf

1 Like

Still can’t remember why I thought that watching a film called The Accountant starring Ben Affleck would be a worthwhile way to spend 95 mins of my life

2 Likes

Because The Accountant has autism and kills people. :man_shrugging:

I haven’t see it either

He kinda was.

But he was a real example of ‘star quality’ -he kind of filled the room. The only person I’ve seen giving off more wattage was Angela Bassett at a screening of ‘Strange Days’

3 Likes

What an actor, what a movie!

3 Likes

No I didn’t! I insulted you for disrespecting the notion of love…