📷 The Photography Thread

Walked around all day then messed about with affinity a little bit

4 Likes

So, the last pictures I posted in here were from my new old Canon Sure Shot Sleek, but I’ve gone and bought another camera since - a Ricoh 500GX rangefinder. I’ve been metering off camera so far because you can’t get a battery that fits with the right voltage, but I’m really happy with the pictures. The rangefinder element is nice and bright, much brighter than the Olympus 35RC I bought last year, and all the photos on the first roll are nice and sharp:

8 Likes

finally got my olympus! currently practicing different techniques from olympus online academy on the cat.

gonna try to document the current ongoings a little bit too once i get the fundamentals down.

3 Likes

How much photography have you done before? Don’t put yourself under any pressure to move away from auto, or aperture priority faster than you feel comfortable with. Some of my favourite photos I shot on auto mode with the kit lens.

2 Likes

mostly just fiddling about with an old sony camera, i could kind of get it to take a decent pic once every year or so :sweat_smile: atm i’m just getting to know this cam, checking out all the different effects and things to see what they do. will take your advice tho, ease myself into the more complex stuff.

Saw an attempted murder in the woods!

And took an ambient album cover photo and some other stuff

4 Likes

Snapped this on my way to work the other day, and I am quite taken with it. Have to give nature the credit, really.

9 Likes

might be the last time i go for ages if there’s a proper lockdown here but the park near me was still quite empty today, and really picturesque

DSC_0324-3

also downloaded the adobe creative cloud package and probs won’t actually use photoshop much but lightroom seems really neat

6 Likes

All the labs are closed, so I’m toying with the idea of developing at home again. I tried it years ago, and it’s actually really easy for b&w film.

2 Likes

took the olympus for a spin (this was just before lockdown). wish i had cropped the last one a touch more.

Summary

6 Likes

love those early b&w martin parr photos on his instagram

1 Like
Summary

spot of composite action going on, sometimes leeds is pretty

5 Likes

had a big lightroom sesh, it’s so much fun. still find it hard to tell if something’s any good or not, especially with colour stuff. spent way too long staring at that photo of a chicken

Summary

7 Likes

Two weeks into lockdown, with all the labs closed, I’ve started googling “developing film in Instant Coffee”…

(Body is too similar to something already posted … in the wrong thread. duh!)

1 Like