📷 The Photography Thread

These are amazing!

oo very nice

Here’s some photos I took in Ethiopia last month.

6 Likes

Damn it! I have to shrink the file sizes. Ok, I’ll be back later :smiley:

8 Likes

A recent photo of the Milky Way from my front door:

14 Likes

:hushed:

1 Like

kid%20sitting

10 Likes

Sigiriya photo is amazing

1 Like

very vibrant, these are great

2 Likes

I can imagine this photo been used in one of those movies where the person is naked with a item that looks the shape of a penis in front of there penis - like the end of one of the Austin Powers

this thread has inspired me to go round town after work tomorrow and see what i can snap. it will be night too so that should be interesting. i’ll be using my shitty samsung phone like but i can tinker with the effects i suppose. total beginner, just got a hankering to start taking photographs.

3 Likes

well i got one decent pic of some rainbow coloured railings encircling an abandoned lot where a school used to be, with some streetlight falling on it. it’s kind of bland tho, thought it would look spookier than it does. the rest were kind of naff. tried using a fancy old sony camera but idk what i’m doing with it. just used my phone instead. gonna try again tonight, off to the uni campus which is very well lit.

i think i could do with taking some classes tbh, gonna look around :thinking:

1 Like

i might well do, just at work atm. ha i love getting into a new hobby, i develop a touch of monomania

I know exactly where that photo was taken in Palma De Mallorca. I remember seeing it and the hand opposite near my favourite restaurant ‘13%’, did u go?

1 Like

A railway line in Bolivia.

A boat off the Whitsunday Islands. Australia

9 Likes

I go to Majorca and Palma regularly, probably once a year for the past 10 years so know it well. I really enjoy going but recently I feel the people are struggling a bit more, other than tourism there’s not so much opportunity

erk i need a real camera

2 Likes

they came back 50:50… some I knew wouldn’t turn out as I was testing if the flash worked but some early morning shots and low light (not dark but not ideal) came back blurry - I think from my handshaking whilst the picture was being taken. Some others - more landscapy and distance shots weren’t great either.

Of the 50% that came back ok they looked pretty good though (obviously need to work on my craft in choosing better shots etc)

Ill bung some up later in the week when Im working nights

1 Like

Or, push your film - Shoot with 200 speed film, but meter it for 400, or even 800, which will give you the faster shutter speeds. You might need to mention it when you’re getting the film developed, and you’ll get more grain and less accurate colour, but for me, they’re part of the reason I shoot film in the first place.

2 Likes