šŸ“· The Photography Thread

Heres a project I need to go back to, shot at 800 ISO using FujiPro 400 film (you might need to click through for the set because I think DiS only shows the first shot of a Flickr set

Ah - I put the link in, but DiS has put the picture in instead. Hang onā€¦

Linky

and this is so true. Think Ill still be using my compact digital all the time just to make sure I have some useable pictures of my holiday and stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once you get a bit more practiced youā€™ll be fine - As mentioned above about shooting film at the wrong speed, that also means you get away with messing up your exposure and still having a usable photo - as long as your focussing is OK, and youā€™re in the right sort of ballpark youā€™ll be fine.

This is very handy too: Sunny 16 rule - Wikipedia

1 Like

this is something I should print out and take with me :+1:

1 Like

It was done with the full knowledge and encouragement of the people who run the shop!

I stopped because I was ending up taking photos of people in coats record shopping, which didnā€™t look half as cool as I wanted. I think I need to wait for the first warm days of spring next year and kick it off again.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll check that out later when Iā€™m not on the work network (which blocks Wordpress)

Is this on the Olympus LT-1? What film did you use? And did you do any colour work afterwards?

I had my 5D out last night and got this (amongst some others which are up on Instagram):

Imgur

2 Likes

Your pics of that gig are lovely btw

1 Like

Cheers Rich. I used to do a lot more, but donā€™t get the chance nearly so much. I think I must be getting old because there arenā€™t as many bands that I want to go and see these days. Or maybe Iā€™ve just raised my standards :slight_smile:

The latter, plus you have to pick and choose now. Keep taking great pics.

1 Like

4 Likes

What are you using to scan - Iā€™ve got a Canoscan 9000F, using Silverfast software.

Iā€™m going to have a roll to scan in soon - I picked up a replacement Canon 100-300 FD today (thanks eBay), so I want to run a roll through on my Canon AE-1 to make sure the lens is good.

I think a free version of Silverfast comes bundled, but I upgraded and got a paid for version, which has more things to tinker with, and I believe scans faster. I definitely do plenty of editing in photoshop too - sharpening, editing out cat hairs, straightening horizonsā€¦

hypnotic

Aye, took a photo and messed around with the exposure. Quite happy with some of the firework photos I got

3 Likes

this is so cool

Ran through a roll of B/W on a trip to Spain recently - self developed and scanned.

Pretty happy with it!

JH2018spain%20sep18_08(ed)

JH2018spain%20sep18_022(ed) JH2018spain%20sep18_02(ed) JH2018spain%20sep18_030(ED)

13 Likes

not sure why this is a replyā€¦

1 Like

Hmm - I just remembered that the new Canoscan 9000F (the mk II) doesnā€™t come with Silverfast, but some other free software, and Silverfast is generally agreed to be the best scanning software about, so it might be worth spending a few quid on even the cheapest version if thatā€™s not the scanning software you got with the scanner.

1 Like