The psychological impact of chippies diversifying

Salt as standard, surely?

There’s one in sheffield (never been)

Yeah taken that as a given

people better stay the fuck away from that curry sauce option unless they’re dutch

Chips and curry sauce is a guilty pleasure. But it can stay the f away from a fish & chip dinner

@roastthemonaspit explain yourself right now.

A tarted up chppy opened near where I live in the Olympic Park. Takeaway prices are normal but look at the eat in menu prices, absolutely fuck off m99

Acceptable mains in a chippy

• Fish
  • Battered Sausage
  • Scampi
  • Fishcake
  • Pie
  • Steak and Kidney Pudding
  • Burger
  • Donner Meat
  • Fried chicken
  • Roast lamb
  • Other

0 voters

Everything is good with fish and chips. E V E R Y T H I N G

Dunno. Noticed a massive drop in chippies quality from Essex to south yorkshire

Oh yeah, bread on the side and maybe a pickled onion too

• Can of pop
  • Cup of tea

0 voters

anyone else used to get this as an option?

£3.20 for Chips and battered sausage I think at my local.

Phwoar

Fish & chips is up there with roast dinners in the “boring food English people fetishise” rankings, I reckon.

This was every meal I had in my first year at uni

To break out of a freezer?

One of the last times I got fish and chips I was in the shop and had placed my order and paid. Then someone came in and started talking to the cashier and I was listening in. She was complaining that she had ordered from there a few days ago and was saying both her and her partner had had the shits for the last few days. She was saying it couldn’t have been anything else because he had been working away and that was the first meal they’d had together since he was back and they were ill. The chip shop boy made them fill in some form for a refund or something.
Anyway, what you do?

• Excuse me, that person got ill a few days ago from here, I don’t want the food, can I have my money back!
  • I’ve ordered and paid, probably fine
  • Oh, yeah, “I was ill” can I have my money back after consuming my delicious fish and chips. You’re fooling no one mate!!

0 voters

hah great take!