The Rise of Sonic Youth!

smashing pumpkins

1 Like

Woah!

In the interest of cross-thread hot take efficiency, I’d like to advance the proposition that flaming pumpkin jack o’ lanterns atop scarecrow bodies are far superior to the smashed variety (as you can see from my profile pic, smashed pumpkins are a source of existential dread for me).
2714721f

6 Likes

Yes M8

i would have to say…Hits Are For Squares.

• Confusion is sex noisiness
  • Sister-esque death rock
  • Daydream Nation
  • Early 90s geffen grunge
  • Post-grunge sonic nurse ish
  • Latter era dad rock

0 voters

Post grunge

are latter era dad rock and sonic nurse post grunge the same period but from different perspective?

dad rock = the autumn years, though there is a bit of a crossover. should have picked something earlier than sonic nurse tbf

Think the 80s was a fairly astonishing decade for indie music broadly speaking. Even 80s pop is great fun.

A lot of the people that sneer at 80s music are those who like guitar solo’s a classic rock and NOTHING else because, apart from a few exceptions, that genre was brutally murdered in the 80s

2 Likes

Or who lived through that decade, and remember how largely awful it was

:fire::fire::fire:

Sonic Nurse is my least favourite SY album.

Conversely, Sonic Nurse is the first SY album I properly loved, so will always have a special place in my heart

2 Likes

Why?

:smiley: classic DiS

1 Like

me and this girl had sonic nurse on repeat while doing a sex all day once coz it was the only CD there, and while i still like it i can’t really listen to it anymore :thinking:

edit:
that didn’t make any sense

4 Likes

Just not very good isn’t it? Especially when compared to Murray Street.

2 Likes