The Rise of Sonic Youth!

Dirty’s one of a number of albums i exclusively listened to through one side of a c90, having ripped it from a friends/library cd or whatever. So for me, dirty IS an excellent 10 (well, 11) track album. Throws me streaming it these days and it not ending abruptly half way through chapel hill.

Means i missed out on j.c. for decades though.

2 Likes

Dirty

• Left speaker
  • Right speaker

0 voters

Depends on if the record company did that without their say so, though. I mean if SY were okay making that change but had the right to refuse that’s different to if they were forced to.

Classic Lee

2 Likes

They probably cut Scooter & Jinx from two minutes of motorcycle noises down to one, the bastards

1 Like

I’m listening to A Thousand Leaves just now and it’s pretty great, thanks thread

6 Likes

nice!

this is exactly why debuts are often the best

2 Likes

wot u wearin hun? xx

10 Likes

Expressway to Yr Skull is proto-Galaxie 500 isn’t it

100% swimsuit. Is u?

1 Like

it’s probably the best Sonic Youth song

I’d disagree with the proto-Galaxie 500 comparison but it is one of the Yoof’s absolute best songs.

1 Like

We Dance is a nothing track? Are you high?

5 Likes

In agreement with you here, ‘We Dance’ is fucking essential.

2 Likes

It’s one of the best songs on the album.

1 Like

Ah really? I think it sounds so similar to them, the first couple of minutes at least then it gets a lot noisier and intense than Galaxie 500 ever really did

Oof

1 Like

It came out two years before Today as well which is what made me think maybe it could have been an influence. Have to agree that it’s one of SY’s very best