The Sacking of Rome: The Weekly Football Thread

Leave him alone yeah, he’s alright got the crushing weight of taking all of England’s corners at the World Cup.

1 Like

1 Like

Fucking Stoke man

Have a pint in the weird cricket pavilion!

2 Likes

Hmm maybe he is a wet blanket but it’s extremely weird how two of England’s best players and hopes for the World Cup are being targeted, pretty pathetic bants from the FA anyway

1 Like

Side note: absolutely hate sky or BT or whoever posting bantsy click bait things on Facebook/twitter

“What a miss from Benteke :eyes::joy::joy:

1 Like

that tweet felt like a death knell for the football banter era tbh
wonder what will come next

Saying nice things about each other and rival teams

2 Likes

I’m getting fed up with the desperation of broadcasters trying to pretend that there is any prospect of a change to the current top four of the Prem. The top of the table is done and dusted.

Think Spurs could conceivably overtake Liverpool given their focus on the Champions League and Spurs’ games in hand. Could also ‘bottle it :joy:’ and be caught be Chelsea though. United are definitely second

Spurs need to lose two games, Chelsea need to win all theirs. Neither of those things will happen.

Liverpool have been a bit unfortunate with penalties really haven’t they

Probably won’t matter

could someone remind Derby that it’s the end of the season and they’re meant to be losing all their matches now please?

1 Like

Forewent a night of liquid football at Craven Cottage last night so here I am, Bovril in hand, at the Kassam. No goals. Cunner in front took the last pie. Bleak

2 Likes

oh fuck off Brentford, useless tossers

OMG :sob::sob::sob:

2 goals in the game now. Things are getting spicy.

There is a player for Oxford named Brannigan. My attempts to get the crowd to chant “The Velour Fog” in his honour have not yet taken off

‘Mon Hull, we’re all counting on you.

And now he’s assisted to make it 2-1 :smiley:

crikey, palace are really fucking going for it. got to love roy the boy. maybe puel is off after all. seems odd after a good start.

relegation battle looks a bit more open now. that swansea southampton game, a week on tuesday, under the lights, isn’t it? jumpers for goalposts.

7 Likes