The Saturday Thread

Workers 2 doors down have just fired up a cement mixer. Feels a bit much for this time on a Saturday morning

Having a bit of an ARGH day.

Got a few things to be getting on with, but feeling a bit like everyone’s such a fucking drain on my concentration. Like herding cats with colleagues, mates, etc. Feel like just losing my phone for a couple of days and unplugging.

Be fine after a coffee innit.

Can’t believe it’s been 2 days since them slags ordered pizza and we’ve still got half left and we’re about to eat it for breakfast :yum:

5 Likes

My parents have ordered me a new bed as a joint birthday-christmas present, and it is gonna arrive today. that means i need to dismantle the old bed but take some pictures so i can put it on freecycle.

Cant be arsed, but i have to, and if I do I will have a lovely new matress to sleep on tonight. :hamster:

really can’t be arsed with any of this, least of all finding the sleep emoji, so i chose hamster.

Morning!

I’ve already been out - I left Brighton for the first time since … who knows?

The kittens are being really fussy with their food and there seems to be supply problems with the food they will eat, so I’ve just been 20 minutes up the road to Burgess Hill to a Pets At Home on an industrial estate which had some in stock. The most exciting thing to happen to me in months.

Hi hi m8.
Sent J back to bed with a migraine. Might do some colouring, haven’t done any for a month. The go back to lovely place we found yesterday later.

2 Likes

Do those work for neck and shoulder pain caused by anxiety? Cos they never occurred.

Err what’s going on on Saturday Kitchen? Why is Charlie Stayt being really combative and talking over Matt constantly. Naga is being a bit chippy too.
This is not what I signed up for

1 Like

Ottolenghi on Saturday Kitchen :star_struck:

Genuinely don’t remember going to bed on any Friday night since like September if not earlier. Dread to think what this is doing to my brain.

Fitful sleep but had a lot worse. Woke up too early and couldn’t get back to sleep which is always the way when you’re like ‘I’m going to have a lie in tomorrow’

Stubbornness means I’ve laid in bed doing puzzles on my phone since though.

…i need a coffee

when you start falling over shutting your eyes in the shower, then it is problem. up until then… mh… :innocent:

12 Likes

Morning. Sitting in the hospital waiting to go in for an MRI, got here way too early as usual. Hoping I don’t have to wear my mask inside as it might be mega claustrophobic.

Good luck laelfers! Mrs F has had 2 MRIs since lockdown and hasn’t had to have a mask on for either.

1 Like

Morning chums,

It’s a beautiful sunny day here in France. Not many plans other than The Big Shop and a home workout later. Might go for a bike.

Also someone on radio2 just chose Tebay as their dream post-lockdown picnic spot.

4 Likes

The weather is now ok enough for 'er indoors to do gardening, so now I will exist indoors and she will (ironically) exist outdoors until Winter I. Standard.

Hope it goes ok x

7 Likes

Now they’re acting like real brats.

I’ve noticed this LOLZbanterifficHAHAHaha behaviour on Match of the Day and Football Focus a lot more lately too. Maybe it’s a deliberate BBC trend instructed by the commissioner.
The presenters/co-hosts will often insult each other, everyone laughs, someone else belittles another, everyone laughs, insult, laugh, belittlement, laugh etc over the course of the show.
That Pointless man does it quite a lot too